Last updated on April 6th, 2021 at 05:26 pm
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro (violet) was launched in January 2019. The phone came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie. Now you can install the Custom ROM called PixysOS on Redmi Note 7 Pro. The ROM is based on Android 11 R. Full Credits to the developer and the team behind PixysOS.
To install PixysOS on Redmi Note 7 Pro, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on the latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new PixysOS on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of PixysOS.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 chipset coupled with 4/6GB of RAM and 64/128GB of internal storage. It also supports an external memory card. The device came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie under MIUI 10 and backed by a 4000 mAh battery (Non-removable).As far as the camera concerned, the device has a Dual-camera setup with 48MP + 5MP primary sensors and a selfie camera with an 13MP lens. Other connectivity option includes 4G-VoLTE, GPS, Glonass, Bluetooth, Mobile Hotspot, accelerometer, ambient light sensor, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and compass/ magnetometer. etc. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro come with a rear fingerprint sensor feature.
What is PixysOS?
PixysOS is a new aftermarket firmware based on Android Open Source Project which is also known as AOSP. With this PixyOS, you are going to witness the best features around and you will get taste the unique features it brings with itself. The ROM aims to deliver an experience with original ideas and features along with the useful things the community is accustomed to.
Android 11 and It’s Features:
Well, Android 11, Google’s 11th iteration looks similar to Android 10 but with a handful of new features and changes. The update brings notification history, Chat bubbles, Conversation notifications, screen recorder, new media controls, smart device controls, one-time permission, improved dark theme with the scheduling system, app suggestions, wireless android auto, and many more. For more, check out our article Android 11 supported list, Android 11 Custom ROM list, best Android 11 features, and many more.
- List of Best Custom ROM for Redmi Note 7 Pro [Updated]
- Download and Install Lineage OS 18.1 on Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro (Android 11)
- Download and Install Android 11 for Redmi Note 7 Pro
- How To Install TWRP Recovery On Redmi Note 7 Pro and Root with Magisk/SU
- Common Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro Problems and Fixes – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
Steps to Install PixysOS on Redmi Note 7 Pro:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Redmi Note 7 Pro (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Note: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Required Drivers: Download the latest Xiaomi USB Drivers
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to Unlock Bootloader on Redmi Note 7 Pro.
- TWRP Recovery: To flash this, You need TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 7 Pro
- Backup using TWRP: Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP
- Download PixyOS ROM: Download Zip File
- Download Gapps:
Instructions to Install
- First of all, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Redmi Note 7 Pro.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded PixysOS zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android 11 Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy PixysOS on Redmi Note 7 Pro.
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU.zip or you can try Magisk.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the PixysOS on your device. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
- Top 10 Features of Android 9.0 Pie Update
- Common Problems and solutions of Android 9.0 Pie
- Download Lineage OS 16: List of Supported Devices (Android 9.0 Pie)
- List of AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Custom ROM Supported devices
- Android 9.0 Pie: Supported Device List, Features and Downloads