Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro (curtana/miatoll) was launched in April 2020. The phone came out of the box with Android 10 Q. Now you can install the Custom ROM called PixysOS on Redmi Note 9 Pro. The ROM is based on Android 10 Q. Full Credits to the developer and the team behind PixysOS.
To install PixysOS on Redmi Note 9 Pro, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on the latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new PixysOS on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of PixysOS.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro sports a 6.67 inch IPS LCD display with a Full HD+ resolution. It has a screen to body ratio of 84.5 percent, it can blow up to 450 nits, an aspect ratio of 20:9, a pixel density of 395 Pixel Per Inch ( PPI ). It is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5 to the front and rear of the device. Further, it also has splash resistance and a plastic frame.
Underneath the new Note 9 Pro, it sports the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G with 4GB and 6GB of RAM variants. It is also available in 64GB and 128GB of UFS 2.1 internal storage. Talking about optics, the Redmi Note 9 Pro has a quad rear camera set up with a primary 48MP sensor, 8MP secondary ultra-wide-angle sensor, 5MP tertiary macro sensor, and finally another 2MP depth sensor. To the front, it has a 16MP unit with an f/2.0 aperture value.
What is PixysOS?
PixysOS is a new aftermarket firmware based on Android Open Source Project which is also known as AOSP. With this PixyOS, you are going to witness the best features around and you will get taste the unique features it brings with itself. The ROM aims to deliver an experience with original ideas and features along with the useful things the community is accustomed to.
What’s on Android 10?
Android 10 is the 10th iteration of Android OS which is also known as Android Q. The update brings new system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
- Download and Install Lineage OS 18 for Redmi Note 9 Pro
- How to Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 9 Pro and Root it
- List of Best Custom ROM for Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro [Updated]
- Common Problems in Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro and Solutions – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
- Download and Install AOSP Android 11 for Redmi Note 9 Pro
Steps to Install PixysOS on Redmi Note 9 Pro:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Redmi Note 9 Pro (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Note: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Required Drivers: Download the latest Xiaomi USB Drivers
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to Unlock Bootloader on Redmi Note 9 Pro.
- TWRP Recovery: To flash this, You need TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 9 Pro
- Backup using TWRP: Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP
- Download PixyOS ROM: Download Zip File
- Download Gapps:
Instructions to Install
- First of all, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Redmi Note 9 Pro.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded PixysOS zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android 10 Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy PixysOS on Redmi Note 9 Pro.
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU.zip or you can try Magisk.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the PixysOS on your device. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.Trending Topics
- Top 10 Features of Android 9.0 Pie Update
- Common Problems and solutions of Android 9.0 Pie
- Download Lineage OS 16: List of Supported Devices (Android 9.0 Pie)
- List of AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Custom ROM Supported devices
- Android 9.0 Pie: Supported Device List, Features and Downloads