Samsung Galaxy S4 (ks01lte) was launched in March 2013. The phone came out of the box with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean and later upgraded to Android 5.0.1 Lollipop. Now you can install the Custom ROM called PixysOS on Samsung Galaxy S4. The ROM is based on Android 9.0 Pie. Full Credits to the developer and the team behind PixysOS.
To install PixysOS on Samsung Galaxy S4, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new PixysOS on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of PixysOS.
Table of Contents
What is PixysOS?
PixysOS is a new aftermarket firmware based on Android Open Source Project which is also known as AOSP. With this PixyOS, you are going to witness the best features around and you will get taste the unique features it brings with itself. The ROM aims to deliver an experience with original ideas and features along with the useful things the community is accustomed to.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
- Download and Install Lineage OS 17.1 for Samsung Galaxy S4 based on Android 10 Q
- How To Root And Install Official TWRP Recovery On Samsung Galaxy S4 (All Variant)
- Download and Install AOSP Android 10 Q for Samsung Galaxy S4
- Download and Install Lineage OS 18 on Samsung Galaxy S4 (Android 11)
Steps to Install PixysOS on Samsung Galaxy S4:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Samsung Galaxy S4 (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Note: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Required Drivers: Download the latest Samsung USB Drivers.
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to Unlock bootloader on Samsung Galaxy S4.
- TWRP Recovery: To flash this, You need TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S4
- Backup using TWRP: Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP
- Download PixyOS ROM: Download Zip File
- Download Gapps:
Instructions to Install
- First of all, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Samsung Galaxy S4.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded PixysOS zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Pie Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy PixysOS on Samsung Galaxy S4 (whyred).
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU.zip or you can try Magisk Pie.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the PixysOS on your device. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.