Samsung Galaxy S7 (herolte) was launched in February 2016. The smartphone came out of the box with Android 6.0 Marshmallow and later upgraded to Android 8.0 Oreo. Now you can install the Custom ROM called PixysOS on Samsung Galaxy S7. The ROM is based on Android 9.0 Pie. Full Credits to the developer and the team behind PixysOS.
To install PixysOS on Samsung Galaxy S7, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new PixysOS on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of PixysOS.
Samsung Galaxy S7 sports a 5.1 inches Super AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels. It is powered by 4×2.3 GHz Mongoose & 4×1.6 GHz Cortex-A53 Octa-core Exynos 8890 Octa (14 nm). The device packs 32/64GB internal storage and 4GB of RAM. There is 256GB expandable memory support. The camera on this device sports a single camera 12 MP with an aperture f/1.7 and a 5 MP shooter for selfies. The Samsung Galaxy S7 runs Android 6.0 Marshmallow, upgradable to Android 8.0 Oreo and backed by a Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery. The handset has a front-mounted fingerprint sensor.
Table of Contents
What is PixysOS?
PixysOS is a new aftermarket firmware based on Android Open Source Project which is also known as AOSP. With this PixyOS, you are going to witness the best features around and you will get taste the unique features it brings with itself. The ROM aims to deliver an experience with original ideas and features along with the useful things the community is accustomed to.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
- Download and Install Lineage OS 16 on Samsung Galaxy S7 based 9.0 Pie
- Download Install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Update for Samsung Galaxy S7
- How To Root And Install Official TWRP Recovery On Samsung Galaxy S7 (All Variant)
- Download and Install Lineage OS 17.1 for Samsung Galaxy S7 based on Android 10 Q
- List Of All Best Custom ROM For Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge
Steps to Install PixysOS on Samsung Galaxy S7:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Samsung Galaxy S7 (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Note: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Required Drivers: Download the latest Samsung USB Drivers.
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to Unlock bootloader on Samsung Galaxy S7.
- TWRP Recovery: To flash this, You need TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S7
- Backup using TWRP: Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP
- Download PixyOS ROM: Download Zip File
- Download Gapps:
Instructions to Install
- First of all, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Samsung Galaxy S7.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded PixysOS zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Pie Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy PixysOS on Samsung Galaxy S7 (whyred).
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU.zip or you can try Magisk Pie.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the PixysOS on your device. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.