Xiaomi Mi A2 (jasmine_sprout) was launched in July 2018. The phone came out of the box with Android 8.1 Oreo. Now you can install the Custom ROM called PixysOS on Xiaomi Mi A2. The ROM is based on Android 10 Q. Full Credits to the developer and the team behind PixysOS. Also special thanks to XDA member RandomRetard4676 for sharing this on XDA forum.
To install PixysOS on Xiaomi Mi A2, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on the latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new PixysOS on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of PixysOS.
Xiaomi Mi A2 features a 5.99 inches LTPS IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels. The device is powered by Qualcomm SDM660 Snapdragon 660 (14 nm) processor. The handset packs 32/64/128GB variant with 4/6GB of RAM. Xiaomi Mi A2 sports a Dual rear camera with 12MP + 20MP camera and Single Selfie camera with 20MP depth camera. The smartphone is running on Android 8.1 Oreo software package and backed by 3000 mAh battery. It has a fingerprint reader on the back.
Table of Contents
What is PixysOS?
PixysOS is a new aftermarket firmware based on Android Open Source Project which is also known as AOSP. With this PixyOS, you are going to witness the best features around and you will get taste the unique features it brings with itself. The ROM aims to deliver an experience with original ideas and features along with the useful things the community is accustomed to.
What’s on Android 10?
Android 10 is the 10th iteration of Android OS which is also known as Android Q. The update brings new system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
- How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi A2
- Download and Install Lineage OS 17.1 for Xiaomi Mi A2 based on Android 10
- Common Xiaomi Mi A2 Problems and Fixes – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
- List of Best Custom ROM for Xiaomi Mi A2 [Updated]
- Download and install AOSP Android 10 Q ROM for Xiaomi Mi A2
Steps to Install PixysOS on Xiaomi Mi A2:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Xiaomi Mi A2 (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Note: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Required Drivers: Download the latest Xiaomi USB Drivers
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Mi A2.
- TWRP Recovery: To flash this, You need TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi A2
- Backup using TWRP: Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP
- Download PixyOS ROM: Download Zip File
- Download Gapps:
Instructions to Install
- First of all, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Xiaomi Mi A2.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded PixysOS zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android 10 Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy PixysOS on Xiaomi Mi A2.
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU.zip or you can try Magisk.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the PixysOS on your device. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
- Top 10 Features of Android 9.0 Pie Update
- Common Problems and solutions of Android 9.0 Pie
- Download Lineage OS 16: List of Supported Devices (Android 9.0 Pie)
- List of AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Custom ROM Supported devices
- Android 9.0 Pie: Supported Device List, Features and Downloads