Xiaomi Poco X2 (phoenix) was launched in February 2020. The smartphone came out of the box with Android 10 Q. Now you can install the Custom ROM called PixysOS on Xiaomi Poco X2. The ROM is based on Android 10 Q. Full Credits to the developer and the team behind PixysOS. Also special thanks to XDA member CryllicBuster273 for sharing this on XDA forum.
To install PixysOS on Xiaomi Poco X2, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on the latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new PixysOS on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of PixysOS.
The Poco X2 comes with a 6.67-inches IPS LCD display with a resolution of 1080×2400 pixels and features a 20:9 aspect ratio, 120Hz refresh rate, HDR10 support, 500 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. It’s powered by the octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G SoC, paired with Adreno 618 GPU. The device packs 6GB/8GB of RAM and 64GB/128GB/256GB of internal storage option. It runs on MIUI 11 on the top of Android 10 out-of-the-box.
What is PixysOS?
PixysOS is a new aftermarket firmware based on Android Open Source Project which is also known as AOSP. With this PixyOS, you are going to witness the best features around and you will get taste the unique features it brings with itself. The ROM aims to deliver an experience with original ideas and features along with the useful things the community is accustomed to.
What’s on Android 10?
Android 10 is the 10th iteration of Android OS which is also known as Android Q. The update brings new system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
- List of Best Custom ROM for Xiaomi Poco X2 [How to]
- How to Install Lineage OS 17.1 for Xiaomi Poco X2 based on Android 10
- How To Root And Install TWRP Recovery On Xiaomi Poco X2
- Xiaomi Poco X2 Stock Firmware Collections [Back to Stock ROM]
- Common Problems in Xiaomi Poco X2 and Solutions – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
Steps to Install PixysOS on Xiaomi Poco X2:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Xiaomi Poco X2 (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Note: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Required Drivers: Download the latest Xiaomi USB Drivers
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Poco X2.
- TWRP Recovery: To flash this, You need TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Poco X2
- Backup using TWRP: Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP
- Download PixyOS ROM: Download Zip File
- Download Gapps:
Instructions to Install
- First of all, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Xiaomi Poco X2.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded PixysOS zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android 10 Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy PixysOS on Xiaomi Poco X2.
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU.zip or you can try Magisk.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the PixysOS on your device. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
- Top 10 Features of Android 9.0 Pie Update
- Common Problems and solutions of Android 9.0 Pie
- Download Lineage OS 16: List of Supported Devices (Android 9.0 Pie)
- List of AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Custom ROM Supported devices
- Android 9.0 Pie: Supported Device List, Features and Downloads