Players will now face more than just Grunts from the Team GO Rocket. Knocking down the Team Leaders of the Team GO Rocket has become more difficult now. The most fierce of the team leaders of the Team GO Rocket is Giovanni, although Cliff, Sierra, and Arlo, are the other best counters for July that you will face.
It is often seen that the most seasoned players struggle when fighting these leaders of Team GO Rocket. This guide will help you to know the exact counters that you need to use to fight off these team leaders or admins.
Table of Contents
About Team GO Rocket
The criminal organization which was seen in the Pokémon series on TV has been reincarnated as Team GO Rocket in the Pokémon GO. The Team GO Rocket it is led by Giovanni.
This team steals any Pokémon they can get their hands on. These guys are the real bad ones. They have invaded the Pokémon GO world with a shadow Pokémon. This Pokémon was formerly a good Pokémon.
Giovanni has brainwashed this Pokémon using a crazy technique. This technique gives the shadow Pokémon a constant pain as well as forces him to help the Team GO Rocket in their grey adventures.
Challenging the Leaders- Best Counters
You can start by battling the six grunts and collecting the Mysterious Components. This can be used to craft a Rocket Radar. This Rocket Radar will help you to locate the Team GO Rocket hideouts.
Now, you can challenge any of the Team GO Rocket leaders. Remember, these Team GO Rocket leaders are very powerful as compared to the Grunts. You should be ready for a tough battle. In order to track down Giovanni, you will have to get a Super Rocket Radar. You will get the Super Rocket Radar once you fight off all the three Team GO Rocket leaders.
Best Counter: Cliff
The first leader of the Team GO Rocket, which you will encounter, is Cliff. Cliff has a team of three Pokémons. The second and the third Pokémon belong to a strong Shadow Pokémon group. You can take as many turns as you like to fight any executive. You should gain more experience with the Pokémons of Cliff, along with subsequent battles.
- The first Pokémon which leaf uses is Pinsir. The different moves of Pinsor are Flying, Fire, and Rock-type moves. These moves do double damage. On the other hand, the Ghost and Flying types resist the fast moves of Pinsir. Moltres, Charizard, Entei, Giratina, Dragonite, and Zapdos are said to be the best encounters of Pinsir.
- The second Pokémon, which Cliff uses, is his Marowak. It is weak when it comes to Grass, Ice, and Water. He has moves like the ground and fighting types. The best Pokémon to battle Marowak is Gyarados. Also, Dragonite, Swampert, Lugia, Leafeon, Kyogre, or Venusaur also help you to tackle Marowak.
- If Cliff decides to use Omastar, you can use the Grass-type Pokémons to your advantage. Torterra, Leafeon, or Venusaur can help you in doing so. Also, Rosarade, Abomasnow, or Ludicolo can be of use here.
- If you love decides to go with Electivire, you will have to use his weakness, which is against the ground. You can use Swampert, Rhyperior, Groudon, Garchomp, Giratina Origin Forme, or Gliscor.
- If Cliff decides to use Tyranitar for his third Pokémon, you can use Lucario, Machamp, or Poliwrath to fight him. Swampert or Hydro Cannon can also help you out.
- If the third Pokémon of Cliff Swampert, you can go with Meganium, Venusaur, or Leafeon. You can also use Torterra or Shiftry for the same.
- If Torterra is there in the third slot of Pokémons from Cliff, you can use Blaziken, Heatran, Dialga, or Togekiss.
Best Counter: Sierra
Sierra is more intelligent as compared to Cliff. She will decide her team on the basis of what you present in front of her. Her pool of Shadow Pokémon has a lot of CP. It is very difficult to fight her off in the maiden battle.
- Sierra uses Beldum as her first Pokémon. Beldum is very weak. In order to fight Beldum, use a Ghost-type Pokémon like Giratina or Gengar. You can use this time for storing up energy for your charged attacks.
- Sierra can use Exeggutor as her second Pokémon. Exeggutor has a double weakness against Bug. It is very weak when it comes to Fire, Ghost, Ice, Dark, Poison, and Flying. You can use Tyranitar, Darkrai, Weavile, Giratina, Typhlosion, Charizard, Scizor or Metagross for a battle with Exeggutor.
- If she decides to use Lapras as her second Pokémon, you can use Giratina, Dialga, Machamp, Melmetal, Magnezone, or Poliwrath for the battle.
- Or, in case, Sharpedo shows up, you can use Venusaur, Shiftry, Togekiss, Poliwrath, Ludicolo, or Machamp.
- If Sierra decides to use Houndoom as her third Pokémon, the best encounter to it is Tyranitar. But, you can also go with Kyogre, Darkrai, Machamp or Swampert.
- If Shiftry is there as third Pokémon, you should remember to take advantage of its weakness of Bug types, such as Pinsir or Scizor. Charizard, Blaziken, Heatran, or Machamp can be of help here.
- If her third choice of Pokémon is Alakazam, you can use Tyranitar, Weavile, or Darkrai for the battle.
Best Counter: Arlo
Arlo is a very challenging Team GO Rocket Leader. His collection of shadow Pokémons contains a very high amount of CP. You should be ready for a lot of subsequent fights with Arlo as it is very difficult to defeat him in the first go.
- Arlo’s first Pokémon is Mawile. The best Pokémon to fight off Mawile is Houndoom, Heatran, Magmortar, Entei, or Flareon.
- If Arlo chooses Charizard as his second Pokémon, you should remember to take advantage of its weakness against Rock. The best counters here can be Tyranitar, Aggron, Rhyperior, or Altered Forme Giratina. You can also use Kyogre or Swampert.
- If Arlo decides to go with Blastoise as his second Pokémon, you should consider using Grass ones. The best counter here is Shiftry. However, you can also go with Meganium or Venusaur. Poliwrath can also help you here.
- If Arlo decides to go with Steelix as his second Pokémon, your only rescue here is Excadrill. However, you can also go with Swampert, Groudon, Charizard, Garchomp, or Kyogre.
- If Arlo decides to go with Scizor as his third Pokémon, you should use Moltres, Heatran, Charizard, or Blaziken.
- You are in trouble if Arlo decides to use Salamence as his terminal Pokémon. Now, you will require two Pokémons to beat the Shadows Elements. You can use Tyranitar, Suicune, Togekiss, Altered Forme Giratina, or Regice for this.
Best Counter: Giovanni
The legendary of all, Giovanni is the founder of the Team GO Rocket. It will be a tough battle with Giovanni, for sure. It should be noted that the first preference of Pokémon for Giovanni is always Persian. The last Pokémon, which he uses, is Entei, as of now. The last choice generally changes every month.
- The first Pokémon which Giovanni uses is Persian. You can encounter him with the help of Lucario, Tyranitar, or Machamp.
- For the second choice of Pokémons, Giovanni can use Kingler. The best and counters for Kingler are Magnezone, Swampert, Dialga, Poliwrath, or Meganium.
- If he decides to go with Rhyperior as his second Pokémon, you should try to use solid Water or a Grass-type Pokémon as the counter here. You can go with Vaporeon, Kyogre, Venusaur, Torterra, Feraligatr, Swampert, Leafeon or Roserade.
- If Giovanni decides to go with Steelix as his second Pokémon, you should be careful about his move pool. The best Pokémon here is Excadrill. You can also go with Groudon, Charizard, Garchomp, Kyogre or Swampert.
- The third Pokémon, as of now, which Giovanni uses is Entei. The best encounters for Entei are Swampert, Kyogre, Vaporeon, Terrakion, Feraligatr, Garchomp, or Groudon.
We hope this guide helps you with the best counters and leaders Cliff, Sierra, Arlo, and Giovanni. If If you liked this, do remember to check our other Windows Guides, Gaming Guides, Social Media, iPhone Guides, and Android Guides to read more. If you have any questions or feedback, comment down with your name along with the email ID, and we will reply shortly. Also, subscribe to our YouTube Channel for awesome videos related to Android and Gaming. Thank you.