Xiaomi has quite a good range of mid-range smartphones under its kitty and thanks to that, the company has grown its user base in India. Moreover, back in mid-2019, Xiaomi came up with the Redmi Note 8 Pro, which packs in some decent specs considering the price range. Besides, there might some of you who would want to install custom ROM on your phone to get rid of the bloatware full, MIUI or just for a change want to install a custom ROM on your phone, then look no further.
As in this post, we will guide you on how to install the POSP ROM on Redmi Note 8 Pro. Notably, this ROM is based on Android 10 and you will get all the latest and greatest features that Google has to offer via the Android 10 OS. For those who do not know, the POSP ROM stands for the Potato Open Sauce Project which gives better volume control, better notch handling, and other handpicked features. This ROM has been shared by Agent Fabulous, a recognized XDA developer. So, that being said, let us get straight into the article itself:
What is the POSP (Potato Open Sauce Project)?
Potato Open Sauce Project (POSP) is a butterysmooth Android custom firmware (aftermarket) that is basically based on AOSP (Android Open Source Project). The POSP developers have handpicked the best features around the Android OS and have added their own sauce to it. In a simple way, this ROM aims to deliver some unique features to experience a better Android taste.
- Boot : Working
- GApps : Anything should work :)
- Bluetooth : Working
- WiFi: Working
- WiFi Hotspot : Working
- USB Tethering : Working
- RIL Phone Data : Partially Working
- GPS : Working
- Camera Camcorder: Working (only primary sensor tested)
- Sensors : Working
- Audio : Working
- Media Playback : Working
- Kernel : Boots
- USB: Working
- Encryption : Working
- Fingerprint : Working
- Supported: For the Redmi Note 8 Pro model only.
- Charging: Maintain the battery charge more than 60% at least.
- Requires: A Windows PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
- USB Drivers: Download the latest Redmi USB Drivers on your PC.
- Unlock Bootloader: You will need to Unlock Bootloader on Redmi Note 8 Pro.
- TWRP Recovery: Install TWRP Recovery on your Redmi Note 8 Pro.
- Backup your device: The very first thing to pay attention to is taking the device backup. You might not be able to take the backup of phone data, however, if you have inserted a memory card in your device, remove it at least to save it.
- Downgrade to Android 9: Please use the latest Android 9 begoniain vendor.
Instruction to Install
- Firstly, make sure to take a complete backup of your ROM and internal data via TWRP Recovery.
- Next, you are required to Wipe System Data and cache using TWRP Recovery.
- Once done, tap on the Install button and locate the downloaded POSP ROM zip file.
- Swipe to confirm flashing the firmware.
- Wait for a few minutes to complete the flashing process.
- Then in order to flash the Android 10 GApps file from the TWRP main menu, head over to Install>> select downloaded GApps zip file and swipe to flash.
- Once you are done with flashing both the firmware and Gapps package, you can reboot your Redmi Note 8 Pro to the system.
- That’s it!
So, there you have it from my side in this post. I hope you guys liked this post and were able to flash the POSP ROM on your Redmi Note 8 Pro. We hope that this guide was clear to you and let us know if you come across any issues while following the above-mentioned steps. Until the next post…Cheers!