Lenovo Z5 Pro GT (heart) in December 2018. The handset came with Android 8.1 Oreo. If you’re a Custom ROM lover and want to flash a Custom Firmware on your Lenovo Z5 Pro GT, then this guide is for you. Now, you can download and install POSP ROM on Lenovo Z5 Pro GT based on Android 10 Q from here. We have also shared the firmware details, download links, requirements, and a full installation guide as well.
Thanks to the Team of Potato Project for developing this ROM compatible with Lenovo Z5 Pro GT and member WayRR for sharing this firmware details and download link. According to the XDA member, this POSP ROM for Lenovo Z5 Pro GT is an initial Android 10 Q build. In order to install the Custom ROM on your Android handset, the device bootloader must be unlocked at first and should have installed the latest TWRP Recovery as well.
Lenovo Z5 Pro GT is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 (7 nm) chipset coupled with 6/8/12GB of RAM and 128/256/512GB of internal storage. The device came out of the box with Android 8.1 Oreo under ZUI 10 and backed by a 3350 mAh battery (Non-removable). As far as the camera concerned, the device has a Dual-camera setup with 16MP + 24MP primary sensors and a selfie camera with an 16MP + 8MP lens. Other connectivity option includes 4G-VoLTE, GPS, Glonass, Bluetooth, Mobile Hotspot, accelerometer, ambient light sensor, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and compass/ magnetometer. etc. The Lenovo Z5 Pro GT come with a fingerprint sensor under display.
Now, let’s take a look at the overview of POSP (Potato Open Sauce Project) along with its features.
Table of Contents
What is the POSP (Potato Open Sauce Project)?
Potato Open Sauce Project (POSP) is a buttery-smooth Android custom firmware (aftermarket) that is basically based on AOSP (Android Open Source Project). The POSP developers have handpicked the best features around the Android OS and have added their own sauce to it. In a simple way, this ROM aims to deliver some unique features to experience a better Android taste.
What’s on Android 10?
Android 10 is the latest and 10th generation of Android OS which was announced by Google a couple of months ago officially. The new Android version brings new system UI, new gestures, improved privacy & location control, system-wide dark mode, improved lock screen, enhanced app permissions, etc. It also features the foldable display support, security enhancements, focus mode, family link, live caption, and more.
The Android 10 (aka Android Q) also features built-in call screening, multi-camera API support, smart reply, chat bubble, 5G support, improved battery life, 65 new emojis, direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices, etc.
- Common Lenovo Z5 Pro GT Problems and Fixes – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
- How To Root And Install TWRP Recovery On Lenovo Z5 Pro GT
- List of Best Custom ROM for Lenovo Z5 Pro GT [Updated]
- How To Install Official Stock ROM On Lenovo Z5 Pro GT (Android 9.0 and 10 Q)
- Download and Install Lineage OS 17.1 for Lenovo Z5 Pro GT based on Android 10 Q
- Download and Install AOSP Android 10 Q for Lenovo Z5 Pro GT
Steps to Install POSP ROM on Lenovo Z5 Pro GT
Follow this guide to download all the required files, tools, and drivers along with requirements to get things ready before flashing the firmware.
- Supported: For the Lenovo Z5 Pro GT model only.
- Charging: Maintain the battery charge more than 60% at least.
- Requires: A Windows PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
- USB Drivers: Download the latest Lenovo USB Drivers on your PC.
- Unlock Bootloader: You will need to Unlock Bootloader on Lenovo Z5 Pro GT.
- TWRP Recovery: Install TWRP Recovery on your Lenovo Z5 Pro GT.
- Backup using TWRP: Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP.
Instructions to Install
- First, you have to boot into TWRP Recovery interface.
- Then Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Lenovo Z5 Pro GT (if required).
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your ROM and internal data via TWRP Recovery.
- Next, you will need to Wipe System Data using TWRP Recovery.
- Once done, tap on the Install button and search for the downloaded POSP ROM zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm flashing the firmware.
- Wait for a few minutes to complete the flashing process.
- Then you will need to flash the Android 10 GApps file from the TWRP main menu > go to Install > select downloaded GApps zip file and swipe to flash.
- After flashing both the firmware and Gapps package, you can reboot your Lenovo Z5 Pro GT to the system.
- It will take some time to boot for the first time after installing a Custom Firmware on your device. Have some patience.
- Now, your device will boot into a new system. Enjoy!
- Additionally, you can install root on your Lenovo Z5 Pro GT via SuperSU or via Magisk as well if you want.
We hope that this guide is useful to you and you’ve successfully installed the POSP Custom ROM (Android 10) on your Lenovo Z5 Pro GT device. For any queries, let us know in the comments below.