OnePlus 7 Pro (Codename: guacamole) in May 2019. The smartphone came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie. If you’re a Custom ROM lover and want to flash a Custom Firmware on your OnePlus 7 Pro (Codenamed: guacamole), then this guide is for you. Now, you can download and install POSP ROM on OnePlus 7 Pro based on Android 10 Q from here. We have also shared the firmware details, download links, requirements, and a full installation guide as well.
Thanks to the Team of Potato Project for developing this ROM compatible with OnePlus 7 Pro and member ash4win for sharing this firmware details and download link. According to the XDA member, this POSP ROM for OnePlus 7 Pro is an initial Android 10 Q build. In order to install the Custom ROM on your Android handset, the device bootloader must be unlocked at first and should have installed the latest TWRP Recovery as well.
The device comes with a 6.7-inches Fluid AMOLED Quad HD+ curved display with no notch. It has a screen resolution of 3120×1440 pixels of 516PPI along with a 90Hz refresh rate. The handset is powered by the latest flagship Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 SoC paired with Adreno 640 GPU. It comes in three variants of 6GB RAM+128GB storage, 8GB RAM+256GB storage, and 12GB RAM+256GB storage options. In terms of the camera department, it has a single 16MP of pop-up selfie camera with AI modes like HDR, PDAF, AI Portrait, AI Beautify mode. The primary 48MP (f/1.6) Sony IMX586 sensor + 16MP (f/2.2) Ultra-Wide sensor of a 117-degree view + an 8MP telephoto (f/2.4) lens which supports OIS with 3x optical zoom. Additionally, the rear camera has an LED flashlight with HDR, AI Portrait, Night Sight Mode, PDAF, EIS, OIS, Scene Recognition, etc.
Now, let’s take a look at the overview of POSP (Potato Open Sauce Project) along with its features.
Table of Contents
What is the POSP (Potato Open Sauce Project)?
Potato Open Sauce Project (POSP) is a buttery-smooth Android custom firmware (aftermarket) that is basically based on AOSP (Android Open Source Project). The POSP developers have handpicked the best features around the Android OS and have added their own sauce to it. In a simple way, this ROM aims to deliver some unique features to experience a better Android taste.
What’s on Android 10?
Android 10 is the latest and 10th generation of Android OS which was announced by Google a couple of months ago officially. The new Android version brings new system UI, new gestures, improved privacy & location control, system-wide dark mode, improved lock screen, enhanced app permissions, etc. It also features the foldable display support, security enhancements, focus mode, family link, live caption, and more.
The Android 10 (aka Android Q) also features built-in call screening, multi-camera API support, smart reply, chat bubble, 5G support, improved battery life, 65 new emojis, direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices, etc.
- Download and install AOSP Android 10 Q ROM for OnePlus 7 Pro
- List Of Best Custom ROM for OnePlus 7 Pro
- Download and Install Lineage OS 17.1 for OnePlus 7 Pro based on Android 10 Q
- How To Install TWRP Recovery On OnePlus 7 Pro and Root with Magisk/SU
- Common OnePlus 7 Pro Problems and Fixes – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
Steps to Install POSP ROM on OnePlus 7 Pro (guacamole)
Follow this guide to download all the required files, tools, and drivers along with requirements to get things ready before flashing the firmware.
- Supported: For the OnePlus 7 Pro model only (guacamole).
- Charging: Maintain the battery charge more than 60% at least.
- Requires: A Windows PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
- USB Drivers: Download the latest OnePlus USB Drivers on your PC.
- Unlock Bootloader: You will need to Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus 7 Pro.
- TWRP Recovery: Install TWRP Recovery on your OnePlus 7 Pro.
- Backup using TWRP: Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP.
Instructions to Install
- First, you have to boot into TWRP Recovery interface.
- Then Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on OnePlus 7 Pro (if required).
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your ROM and internal data via TWRP Recovery.
- Next, you will need to Wipe System Data using TWRP Recovery.
- Once done, tap on the Install button and search for the downloaded POSP ROM zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm flashing the firmware.
- Wait for a few minutes to complete the flashing process.
- Then you will need to flash the Android 10 GApps file from the TWRP main menu > go to Install > select downloaded GApps zip file and swipe to flash.
- After flashing both the firmware and Gapps package, you can reboot your OnePlus 7 Pro to the system.
- It will take some time to boot for the first time after installing a Custom Firmware on your device. Have some patience.
- Now, your device will boot into a new system. Enjoy!
- Additionally, you can install root on your OnePlus 7 Pro via SuperSU or via Magisk as well if you want.
We hope that this guide is useful to you and you’ve successfully installed the POSP Custom ROM (Android 10) on your OnePlus 7 Pro (guacamole) device. For any queries, let us know in the comments below.