Realme U1 (Codename: RMX1831) in November 2018 and runs on Android 8.1 Oreo. If you’re a Custom ROM lover and want to flash a Custom Firmware on your Realme U1 (Codenamed: RMX1831), then this guide is for you. Now, you can download and install POSP ROM on Realme U1 based on Android 11 R from here. We have also shared the firmware details, download links, requirements, and a full installation guide as well.
Thanks to the Team of Potato Project for developing this ROM compatible with Realme U1. In order to install the Custom ROM on your Android handset, the device bootloader must be unlocked at first and should have installed the latest TWRP Recovery as well.
Realme U1 is powered by a Octa-core (4×2.1 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A53) with Mediatek Helio P70 (12nm) chipset coupled with 3/4GB of RAM and 32/64GB of internal storage. It also supports an external memory card with up to 256 GB microSD. The device came out of the box with Android 8.1 Oreo under FColorOS 5.2 and backed by a 3500 mAh battery (Non-removable). As far as the camera concerned, the device has a dual-camera setup with 13MP + 2MP primary sensors and a selfie camera with an 25MP lens. Other connectivity option includes 4G-VoLTE, GPS, Glonass, Bluetooth, Mobile Hotspot, accelerometer, proximity sensor, and compass. etc. The Realme U1 come with a face unlock feature.
Now, let’s take a look at the overview of POSP (Potato Open Sauce Project) along with its features.
Table of Contents
What is the POSP (Potato Open Sauce Project)?
Potato Open Sauce Project (POSP) is a buttery-smooth Android custom firmware (aftermarket) that is basically based on AOSP (Android Open Source Project). The POSP developers have handpicked the best features around the Android OS and have added their own sauce to it. In a simple way, this ROM aims to deliver some unique features to experience a better Android taste.
Android 11 and It’s Features:
Well, Android 11, Google’s 11th iteration looks similar to Android 10 but with a handful of new features and changes. The update brings notification history, Chat bubbles, Conversation notifications, screen recorder, new media controls, smart device controls, one-time permission, improved dark theme with the scheduling system, app suggestions, wireless android auto, and many more. For more, check out our article Android 11 supported list, Android 11 Custom ROM list, best Android 11 features, and many more.
- List of Best Custom ROM for Realme U1 [Updated]
- How to Install TWRP Recovery on Realme U1 and Root it
- Download and Install AOSP Android 10 Q for Realme U1
- Download and Install Lineage OS 17.1 for Realme U1 based on Android 10 Q
- How to Install Stock ROM on Realme U1 [Firmware Flash File]
- Common Realme U1 Problems and Fixes – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
Steps to Install POSP ROM on Realme U1 (RMX1831)
Follow this guide to download all the required files, tools, and drivers along with requirements to get things ready before flashing the firmware.
- Supported: For the Realme U1 model only (RMX1831).
- Charging: Maintain the battery charge more than 60% at least.
- Requires: A Windows PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
- USB Drivers: Download the latest Realme USB Drivers on your PC.
- Unlock Bootloader: You will need to Unlock Bootloader on Realme U1.
- TWRP Recovery: Install TWRP Recovery on your Realme U1.
- Backup using TWRP: Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP.
Instructions to Install
- First, you have to boot into TWRP Recovery interface.
- Then Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Realme U1 (if required).
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your ROM and internal data via TWRP Recovery.
- Next, you will need to Wipe System Data using TWRP Recovery.
- Once done, tap on the Install button and search for the downloaded POSP ROM zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm flashing the firmware.
- Wait for a few minutes to complete the flashing process.
- Then you will need to flash the Android 11 GApps file from the TWRP main menu > go to Install > select downloaded GApps zip file and swipe to flash.
- After flashing both the firmware and Gapps package, you can reboot your Realme U1 to the system.
- It will take some time to boot for the first time after installing a Custom Firmware on your device. Have some patience.
- Now, your device will boot into a new system. Enjoy!
- Additionally, you can install root on your Realme U1 via SuperSU or via Magisk as well if you want.
We hope that this guide is useful to you and you’ve successfully installed the POSP Custom ROM (Android 11 R) on your Realme U1 (RMX1831) device. For any queries, let us know in the comments below.