Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite (Codename: toco) in September 2020. The handset came with Android 10 Q. If you’re a Custom ROM lover and want to flash a Custom Firmware on your Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite (Codenamed: toco), then this guide is for you. Now, you can download and install POSP ROM on Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite based on Android 11 R from here. We have also shared the firmware details, download links, requirements, and a full installation guide as well.
Thanks to the Team of Potato Project for developing this ROM compatible with Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite. In order to install the Custom ROM on your Android handset, the device bootloader must be unlocked at first and should have installed the latest TWRP Recovery as well.
The Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite features a 6.47 inches AMOLED display with a Full HD+ resolution and a waterdrop style notch. The display comes with an optical in-display fingerprint scanner, and an aspect ratio of 19:5:9, a screen to body ratio of 87.8 percent, HDR10, it can blow up to 430 nits, a pixel density of 398 Pixel Per Inch (PPI), and gets protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
Now, let’s take a look at the overview of POSP (Potato Open Sauce Project) along with its features.
Table of Contents
What is the POSP (Potato Open Sauce Project)?
Potato Open Sauce Project (POSP) is a buttery-smooth Android custom firmware (aftermarket) that is basically based on AOSP (Android Open Source Project). The POSP developers have handpicked the best features around the Android OS and have added their own sauce to it. In a simple way, this ROM aims to deliver some unique features to experience a better Android taste.
Android 11 and It’s Features:
Well, Android 11, Google’s 11th iteration looks similar to Android 10 but with a handful of new features and changes. The update brings notification history, Chat bubbles, Conversation notifications, screen recorder, new media controls, smart device controls, one-time permission, improved dark theme with the scheduling system, app suggestions, wireless android auto, and many more. For more, check out our article Android 11 supported list, Android 11 Custom ROM list, best Android 11 features, and many more.
- Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite Stock Firmware Collections [Back to Stock ROM]
- Download And Install AOSP Android 11 for Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite
- List of Best Custom ROM for Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite [Updated]
- How To Root And Install TWRP Recovery On Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite
- Download and Install Lineage OS 18.1 on Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite (Android 11)
Steps to Install POSP ROM on Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite (toco)
Follow this guide to download all the required files, tools, and drivers along with requirements to get things ready before flashing the firmware.
- Supported: For the Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite model only (toco).
- Charging: Maintain the battery charge more than 60% at least.
- Requires: A Windows PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
- USB Drivers: Download the latest Xiaomi USB Drivers on your PC.
- Unlock Bootloader: You will need to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite.
- TWRP Recovery: Install TWRP Recovery on your Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite.
- Backup using TWRP: Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP.
Instructions to Install
- First, you have to boot into TWRP Recovery interface.
- Then Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite (if required).
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your ROM and internal data via TWRP Recovery.
- Next, you will need to Wipe System Data using TWRP Recovery.
- Once done, tap on the Install button and search for the downloaded POSP ROM zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm flashing the firmware.
- Wait for a few minutes to complete the flashing process.
- Then you will need to flash the Android 11 GApps file from the TWRP main menu > go to Install > select downloaded GApps zip file and swipe to flash.
- After flashing both the firmware and Gapps package, you can reboot your Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite to the system.
- It will take some time to boot for the first time after installing a Custom Firmware on your device. Have some patience.
- Now, your device will boot into a new system. Enjoy!
- Additionally, you can install root on your Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite via SuperSU or via Magisk as well if you want.
We hope that this guide is useful to you and you’ve successfully installed the POSP Custom ROM (Android 11 R) on your Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite (toco) device. For any queries, let us know in the comments below.