Though we have stepped freshly into January 2020, some Motorola devices are still stuck in the last month. What we mean is they are still getting the December security patch. Speaking of which Motorola One is currently getting a new software via OTA. It packs the Android security patch for December 2019 and carries the build number PPKS29.68-16-33-15 in India.
The December 2019 security patch for Motorola One is rolling out gradually in batches. It will drop into all the devices across various regions in due course of time. If you feel that the software has delayed enough to show up, you can capture it manually, if the OTA delays to show up. We have outlined the process below.
- Device Name: Motorola One
- Model: XT1941-4
- Codename: deen
- Baseband Version: PPKS29.68-16-33-15
- Region: India
- Security Patch Level: 01.12.2019
- Android OS: 9.0 Pie
How To Capture OTA Update on Motorola One
- Go to your device Settings > System Update
- Now Tap on Check for Latest Updates.
- If the update is available it will show up with the build number PPKS29.68-16-33-15
- Simply tap on Download and the process will begin.
- Post the installation you may have to restart your device to integrate the changes the new software brings.
Usually, software updates are large files, so grab it using Wi-Fi to save carrier data charges. Alternatively, we have put up the firmware which brings the Motorola One December 2019 security patch. You can find the download link for the firmware and installation manual below.
How To Install December Security Patch on Motorola One [India]
We will have to use the ADB Fastboot tool to install the new firmware on the Motorola One. So, we have listed up all the required files and drivers.
Before installing you have to follow some guidelines and get some tools with you. We have put up the same in the Pre-requisite section.
- This firmware is exclusively for Motorola One. Do not use it on other devices
- Charge your device’s battery up to 50% or more.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device
Disclaimer: We are at GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your phone while/after installing this ROM.