The Lenovo-owned smartphone brand Motorola is doing hard to compete with other smartphone brands by offering affordable powerful smartphones along with the latest software update. Well, Today Motorola started rolling October 2019 Security patch for the Moto G6 (ali) device around the globe. It comes with build number PPSS29.118-15-11-2 and weighs almost 240mb in size. There is no other changelog mentioned in the OTA other than the Security patch.
The update is rolling over the air for Moto G6 (ali) with build number PPSS29.118-15-11-2. If you haven’t received the OTA, then you can manually install the update by following our guide given below. Before doing the manual download, make sure you check for the OTA update.
Table of Contents
Check OTA Update Manually
The latest Moto G6 October 2019 Security patch software update only brings the October 2019 security patch without any additional features or bugs fixes. The changelog only contains a patch release note. It offers enhanced system security to the Moto G6. Note that the firmware update is rolling out via OTA in batches and will take some time to reach all the regions. You can always manually check the update from device Settings > System > Advanced > System Updates.
To verify the software update
- Swipe down from the Notification bar, then tap the Settings icon.
- Scroll to and tap About phone.
- The device has the latest software if the Android version, Build number, and Baseband version matches the latest update details.
Steps to Install October 2019 Security patch for Moto G6 (PPSS29.118-15-11-2)
If you’re not receiving the software OTA updates on your Moto G6 handset and now you want to install the firmware manually, check out the full installation guide below. Meanwhile, before diving into that, make sure to follow all the pre-requirements as well.
- The firmware file supported for the Moto G6 (ali) model only. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Take a full backup of your device (No Root) at first.
- You will require a PC/Laptop and a USB Cable as well.
- Download and Install the latest Motorola USB Drivers on your PC.
- Next, ADB and Fastboot tools – Download it on your computer.
PPSS29.118-15-11-1: Download here
Instructions to Install PPSS29.118-15-11-2 Firmware
Here we have provided the full firmware installation guide on the Motorola devices via the ADB Sideload method. Follow the guide completely.Guide to Install Firmware via ADB Sideload Method on Android Device
Let’s assume that the guide is helpful to you and you’ve easily updated or installed the October 2019 security patch on your Moto G6 (ali) device. For any queries, let us know in the comments below.