Just like every month, Google released a new security patch update for the Google Pixel devices with build number QQ2A.200405.005. The update brings nothing new except the April 2020 Security patch, bug fixes and improvements to the overall performance of the device. As we speak, the build number QQ2A.200405.005 now live for the Pixel 2/2 XL, 3/3 XL, 3a/3a XL, and Pixel 4/4XL. The update is rolling via OTA (over the air) and will soon reach every user with a stable Android 10 update. If you have not received the update, then you can manually check for OTA, or you can install the factory image manually.
If you have unlocked the bootloader or rooted your device, then you may not receive any OTA future update, whereas you can install it manually.
The OTA rollout happens in a phase-wise manner; it may take a week or a month to complete the rollout process for every user base. If you haven’t received the update, then either you can check for the update manually or install the factory image or OTA firmware update manually. To install the firmware manually, you need to download the factory image with the April 2020 Security patch build number QQ2A.200405.005.
What’s New in April 2020 Update?
Check for OTA Updates
Google always offers software updates to its devices via OTA (over-the-air), and it may take some time to arrive on all devices based on your region and carrier. So, you may have to wait for a few days. But if you don’t want to wait longer, you can check for OTA updates manually.
- Go to device Settings > System menu > System Update.
- Tap on the Check for Update option.
- If you see the new QQ2A.200405.005 update is available on your Pixel series device, then tap on the download and install option.
- Make sure to connect your device to a Wi-Fi network for faster and stable updates. Charge your device more than 60% minimum as well.
Install OTA/Factory Image on Google Pixel 2/2 XL, 3/3 XL, 3a/3a XL, and Pixel 4/4XL
To install the OTA/Factory Image on any of your Google Pixel devices, either you can follow the factory image flashing method, or you can follow the ADB sideload method for OTA. Here we have provided both the installation methods below along with the requirements.
- Download the latest Android USB Drivers on your PC and install it.
- ADB and Fastboot tool – download and install it on your computer.
- You will require a PC/Laptop and a USB cable to connect your phone with a computer.
- Make sure to charge your phone battery at least up to 60% for a smoother process.
- We recommend you to take a full backup of your phone data before installing the firmware.
- First Activate developer option on your Pixel device
- You will need to enable the USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on your phone.
- You need to unlock the bootloader to perform factory image installation
- Download the preferred firmware file from above according to your device model.
Download Factory Image/OTA
- Pixel 4 XL: Android 10 — QQ2A.200405.005— Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 4: Android 10 — QQ2A.200405.005— Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 3a XL: Android 10 — QQ2A.200405.005— Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 3a: Android 10 — QQ2A.200405.005— Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 3 XL: Android 10 — QQ2A.200405.005— Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 3: Android 10 — QQ2A.200405.005— Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 2 XL: Android 10 — QQ2A.200405.005 — Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 2: Android 10 — QQ2A.200405.005 — Factory Image — OTA
1. Install the Factory image
Here is the full guide for installing the factory image on your device in order to upgrade to the April 2020 patch.Guide to Install Factory Image on Google Pixel Series Devices
2. ADB Sideload Method for OTAGuide to Perform ADB Sideload on Google Pixel Devices
That’s it guys. We hope this guide is useful to you and you’ve easily installed the latest update on your Pixel device. For any queries, let us know in the comments below.