Realme 2 and Realme C1 are currently receiving the January 2020 security patch update. Both the devices are getting the new software that goes by the build RMX1805EX_11_A.63. The OTA update is already over-the-air and moving. The security also brings along some basic bug fixes and system stability improvements. It is based on ColorOS 6.0 Android 9.0 Pie.
The OTA may take some time to knock into the devices gradually in various regions. So, some users may have to wait for a few days to receive the January patch on their Realme 2 and Realme C1. We have also put up the firmware file for the A.63 build for both Realme 2 and C1. Simply use the installation guide we have provided and flash the firmware on your devices. If you cannot wait for the automatic update to roll in, you can flash the firmware zip manually.
Table of Contents
Here is the official changelog for the latest update rolling out for the Realme 2 and Realme C1.
- January 2020 security patch
- Fixed bugs and system stability enhancements
Check for OTA
Sometimes users get impatient while waiting for the OTA to show up on their devices. So, they can manually check for the availability for the latest A.63 update on their Realme 2 and C1.
Go to Settings > System > Software Update. Tap on Check for Updates. If the January 2020 patch with build RMX1805EX_11_A.63 is available you will be notified of the same. Then follow the on-screen instructions, download and install the update.
- Use Wi-Fi to download the software swiftly
- Charge your device up to 50% or more before installing the new update
How to Install RMX1805EX_11_A.63 Update on Realme 2/C1
You have to follow some basic guidelines before installing the latest firmware on your devices. Check out the requirements section below.
- The firmware we have shared here is only meant to be installed on Realme 2/Realme C1. Do not install it on any other device.
- Charge your battery up to 50% or more before beginning the manual installation.
- Take a full backup of your device before installing the new update.
To install the above firmware follow this guide.
As security patches and bug fixes are important for a smartphone, make sure to grab the A.63 firmware for your respective Realme 2 and Realme C1. Install it and enjoy.