The January 2020 security patch is currently rolling out to Realme 3 and 3i. The latest build knocking into both these devices comes with version RMX1821EX_11.A.25. It is based on Android 9.0 Pie(ColorOS 6.0). Along with the security level step up the device duo is also getting a new flash on call feature. Realme is also pushing the dark mode toggle on the notification center on both Realme 3 and 3i.
The A.25 update is now rolling out over-the-air. However, OTA updates move in batches, so not all users will be getting it right away. So, to deal with that we have put up the RMX1821EX_11.A.25 firmware in this guide for both Realme 3 and Realme 3i. Using the installation guide, interested users can flash the firmware and upgrade to the January 2020 patch. Recently, the January 2020 patch also rolled out for Realme 2 and Realme C1.
Table of Contents
Here is the official changelog for the latest update rolling out for the Realme 2 and Realme C1.
- January 2020 security patch
- The New Flash on call feature
- Dark Mode toggle in the notification center
- Click the blank area of the launcher to go recent task interface
Check for OTA
In case, you are one of those users with no patience to wait for the automatic OTA to roll into your device, then you can manually check for the latest January 2020 update for your respective Realme 3 and 3i.
Go to Settings > System > Software Update. Tap on Check for Updates. If the January 2020 patch with build RMX1821EX_11.A.25 is available you will see a notification about it. Then follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the update.
- Use a Wi-Fi network to download the software quick and without getting charged for the data
- Charge the battery of your device up to 50% or more before installing the new software update
How to Install RMX1821EX_11.A.25 Update on Realme 3 and 3i
You have to follow some basic guidelines before installing the latest firmware on your devices. Check out the requirements section below.
- The firmware provided in this guide is only meant to be installed on Realme 3 and Realme 3i. Do not install it on any other device.
- Charge your battery up to 50% or more before beginning the manual installation.
- Take a full backup of your device before installing the new update.
To install the latest A.25 firmware on your Realme 3 and Realme 3i, follow the guide given below.
So, what are you waiting for..? Install the January 2020 patch on your Realme 3/3i right now.