Oppo’s sub-brand Realme has launched its two affordable budget segment devices called Realme 5 and Realme 5s last year. Both the handsets came with Android 9.0 Pie over ColorOS 6 and recently, both the devices have started receiving the latest Android 10 update on the top of Realme UI 1.0 skin. However, sometimes the firmware OTA update may not arrive on all the units properly due to the carrier or region server related issues. Even some of the users can also miss out on the OTA update notification. If you’re a Realme 5/5s user and facing the same problem, then you can check out the Realme 5/5s Software Update Tracker here with the software update guide.
It’s very common not to receive the OTA update in some cases. Meanwhile, some of the users also try to implement some of the advanced customizations like flashing a custom firmware, installing custom recovery, unlocking bootloader, flashing any third-party mod files, etc. While or after performing these steps, some of the users may get easily bricked their devices or even stuck in the bootloop issue. Therefore, flashing the stock firmware again on the respective device will come in handy and your device will start working like before.
Table of Contents
Check for OTA Updates
Realme pushes the firmware OTA update to its devices in batches and it can take a few days or more to arrive on all the units completely. Meanwhile, the interested users can manually check for the OTA update from the device Settings > Software Updates. It will search for the available update and if yes, then download and install it.
Otherwise, the system will show that you’re running on the latest software version. Make sure that the phone battery is charged up to 50% or above and connected to a Wi-Fi network or mobile data. Now, let’s take a quick look at the software update tracker list below.
Realme 5/5s Software Update Tracker
We will keep updating the software update tracker list whenever a new update is available with software version, changelog, and more.
|Software Version||Release Date||Changelog|
|RMX1911EX_11.C.47 (Download Link)||10/6/2020||[Visuals]
• Updated UI to Realme UI
• Brand new Real Design makes visuals more attractive and operation more efficient.[Smart Sidebar]
• Optimized user interface and improved one-handed operation.
• Optimized Smart Sidebar: Replaced File Console with File Manager; removed OSIE Visual Effect and No Notification Alerts.
• Drag an app out of Smart Sidebar to open it in Split-screen Mode.
• Added two new features: “Assistive Ball Opacity” and “Hide Assistive Ball on Fullscreen App”.
• Optimized the Floating Window feature for more apps.
• Added Bubbles: A bubble is displayed when you open an app in a floating window from the Smart Sidebar. Tap the bubble to collapse or open the app.[Screenshot]
• Optimized 3-Finger Screenshot Gesture: Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen, and swipe to take a screenshot of the selected part of the screen (partial screen capture). Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen, and swipe your fingers outwards to capture a long screenshot.
• Added screenshot settings: You can adjust the position of the screenshot preview floating window and set the screenshot sound.
• Optimized screenshot preview floating window: After taking a screenshot, drag it up and release to share it, or drag it down and release to take a long screenshot.[Navigation Gestures 3.0]
• Optimized gestures: All gestures are supported in landscape mode.
|RMX1911EX_11_A.23 (Download Link)||10/01/2020||[Security]
• Android security patch: December 2019[System]
• Fixed some known bugs and improved system stability
Steps to Install Realme Stock Firmware
Now, if you want to manually install any particular firmware update on your Realme device then check the guide below.
- This software OTA file is only for the Realme 5/5S models.
- Make sure that your handset is running on the stock firmware in order to apply the update.
- Backup all the data on your device for safety.
- Ensure that the device battery level is more than 50%.
Check out the guide link below to update the software version on your Realme 5/5s.How to Install latest Stock Firmware on Realme 5/5S
We hope you’ve found this guide helpful and easily upgraded your Realme 5/5s device to the latest firmware version. Do you’ve any queries? Feel free to comment below.