Last updated on March 15th, 2021 at 10:17 pm
Oppo’s subsidiary brand Realme becomes one of the popular smartphone OEMs in the Indian market due to its affordable price range and better hardware specifications. Meanwhile, from a year or so, the company also becomes so much active as well as dedicated to pushing the on-time software updates to its eligible devices which is a great move. The company has recently launched its two new smartphones called Realme 7 and Realme 7 Pro in the market as the mid-range & upper mid-range segment devices. So, if you’re also one of the Realme 7 series users and waiting for the Android 11 update then check out the Realme 7 and 7 Pro Android 11 (Realme UI 2.0) Update Tracker list here with all the possible information.
Talking about the software version, both the Realme 7 series devices do come with Android 10 out-of-the-box on the top of Realme UI 1.0. Whereas Google has recently released the much-awaited Android 11 as the 11th-iteration of Android OS. Although Realme has promised to release the Realme UI 2.0 update roadmap based on Android 11 for all of its compatible devices, the time hasn’t arrived yet at the time of writing this article because it’s been only one day since Google announces the new OS.
However, we will recommend all the interested or eagerly awaited Realme 7/7 Pro users to manually flash the Android 11 GSI build on their handsets to get an early taste of Android 11 UI & features. However, there are some of the known bugs present in the Android 11 GSI build that you will find on the link above. In that scenario, if you don’t want to wait further for the official Realme UI 2.0 update on your device, then you should take a full data backup at first and then proceed to the guide from the above link. Now, let’s take a quick look at some of the Android 11 details.
What’s on Android 11?
Android 11 is the 11th-iteration of Android OS and the most latest, the stable operating system for Android devices. Currently, the Android 11 (R) official stable version is only available for the 2nd-gen Pixel devices or higher to easily download and update it. Meanwhile, the beta build is officially available for a couple of non-Pixel Android devices like OnePlus, Xiaomi, Oppo, Realme, etc brands.
To recall, the Android 11 stable version got live on September 8, 2020, by Google just like every year. It not only improves the overall system stability but also offers other system improvements as well including plenty of visual changes in the UI elements. Let’s take a quick look below at some of the popular and useful features of Android 11.
Android 11 Features
- Prioritize your conversations in the notifications panel.
- Chat Bubbles can be used just like Facebook Messenger for any text messaging or chat messaging applications easily.
- Improved Voice Controls and access based on the texts or context.
- One-time App Permissions allows users to give access individually for each feature.
- Android 11 can easily auto-reset the granted app permissions on the device if not being used for a long time by the user (revoking access).
- Users can choose the Silent or Alerting system apart from the Conversation Notifications.
- Due to the Project Mainline support, Google now can easily and seamlessly push all the major security patch updates to the Android 11 running devices via the Google Play Store.
- The all-new redesigned Power Menu can be accessed by long-pressing the Power button on the Android 11 OS running device to not only get Restart, Power Off, Emergency options, but also the Google Pay feature, Smart Home devices option, etc.
- You can now also check back all the incoming notification history on your device within the 24 hours timeframe.
- The redesigned Media Player interface and control are more improved and slightly replaced by its situation on the notification panel along with the changing functionality of the connected device as well as volume.
- A much-awaited in-built screen recorder option can be found on the shortcut toggle area of the notification panel.
- Scheduled Dark Mode is another useful feature for most of the dark theme users with the option to set a time to turn on/off the dark theme automatically.
- Now, users can pin their favorite apps manually in the share sheet option which wasn’t available on the previous generation of Android OS.
- With the improved wireless Android Auto feature, now all the Android 11 running smartphones can use the head unit of the car easily and wirelessly. Previously this feature was only applicable to Pixel device users.
- Bluetooth will now work on all the Android 11 running devices even after enabling the Airplane Mode. As we all know that it still isn’t possible on Android 10 or previous generation Android OS running devices.
- Smart Reply and Smart Folders feature are also very useful to most of the Android 11 users which will intelligently suggest some of the recommended ideas to input.
Realme UI 2.0 – Overview and Features
Realme UI 2.0 is the latest stock UI for the Realme devices which is based on Android 11. Realme promised that they will release the update roadmap to its eligible devices once Google releases the Android 11 OS stable version. So, as the Android 11 stable version has been released recently, we will expect that the Realme will come soon with the roadmap announcement.
The Realme UI is based on ColorOS 7 and runs on Android 10 while the Realme UI 2.0 is based on Android 11 and currently, available for some of the Realme X50 Pro units with the Android 11 Preview. Now, let’s check out when will the Realme 7 series devices receive the much-awaited Realme UI 2.0 update officially.
Realme 7 and 7 Pro Android 11 (Realme UI 2.0) Update Tracker
Update 4 (March 15, 2021): Realme rolled the February 2021 security patch for the Realme 7 in India with software version RMX2151PU_11.A.87. The update is still based on Android 10.
Updated on February 21, 2021: Today Realme started rolling the beta build for Realme 7 users of India which brings Realme UI 2.0 early access to test. If you didn’t join the beta, you can do it right now by following the next step.
Register: Go to Settings> Software Update> Tap the Top Right Corner Icon> Trial Version> Fill in the required details and follow the next instructions on the screen
Updated on February 09, 2021: Realme started seeding the Realme UI 2.0 beta 2 for the Realme 7 in India which fixes several bug fixes and improvements. The update is labeled with software version RMX2151PU_11_C.03. Check out the changelog
|Realme UI 2.0 beta 2
Updated on February 06, 2021: Realme 7 Pro in India and Europe started receiving January 2021 security patch based on Android 10. The update is labeled with software version RMX2170PU_11_A.33 (India) and RMX2170EU_11_A.30 (Europe)
Updated on January 02, 2021: Today Realme rolled the December 2020 security patch to both the Realme 7 and 7 Pro with software version RMX2151PU_11.A.75 and RMX2170PU_11_A.25 respectively. The update is still based on Android 10.
Updated on December 16, 2020: Today Realme rolled the November 2020 security patch to both the Realme 7 and 7 Pro in India with software version RMX2151PU_11.A.71 and RMX2170PU_11_A.23 respectively. The update is still based on Android 10.
Updated on Nov 28, 2020: Finally, Realme has started the Realme UI 2.0 Early Access Program for the much-awaited Realme 7 Pro model. All the interested users can now enroll themselves for the Early Beta Program of the Realme UI 2.0 which will be based on Android 11. However, the interested Realme 7 Pro users have to update their device to the C.09 software version in order to get eligible to get selected for the beta program. For further details check out this link.
Updated on Nov 24, 2020: Realme has announced the company has started recruitment for the Realme 7 Pro users to join in the “Alpha Squad” of Realme 2.0 skin. Selected users will get the first-ever update of the Realme 2.0 (Android 11) update than others. Although the registration timeline is over now and lucky ones will get a chance to give it a try under the Early Access program.
Updated on Nov 17, 2020: The reports are coming out that the official Android 11 update is on its way for the Realme 7 series devices. Whereas, the update will initially arrive as a public beta to the selected users. But there is no specific date announced yet by the company. Both the Realme 7 and 7 Pro users can expect plenty of improvements visually like Always-On Display mode, Dark Mode Styles, new Color Schemes, etc.
Additionally, you’ll be able to see three major changes in the Realme 2.0 update like Creativity, Sociability, Productivity. Meanwhile, one of the interested Realme 7 Pro users have asked for the Realme UI 2.0 update to the Realme India Support on Twitter. In reply, Realme India Support has mentioned the Early Access for the Realme UI 2.0 based on Android 11 for the Realme 7 Pro will start by the end of November for the selected users only.
The Early Access for realme UI 2.0 based on Android 11 for your realme 7 Pro will start to roll out at the end of November for selected users only. Kindly head to our official community following the link below for more information on the same.https://t.co/D5JEdtDYax
— realme India Support (@realmecareIN) November 14, 2020
Realme will keep updating the status on its official social media handles and the community page.
Starting off, Realme allows two major Android OS updates to all of its devices after launching officially. So, both the Realme 7 and 7 Pro devices will definitely gonna receive the stable Android 11 update on top of Realme UI 2.0 skin because both of these have been launched with Realme UI (Android 10) out-of-the-box.
However, there is no official announcement available yet by Realme and we have to wait for it further. Once Realme announces the Realme UI 2.0 update roadmap, we will keep updating you with all the latest news.