UPDATE 1 (17th July 2020): The Realme Flash Tool now officially supports Realme X2 as well. You could grab hold of the tool as well as the firmware package from the below Download section.
Realme devices, though a relatively newer player in the smartphone market, has seen a tremendous rise to fame as of late. It has always stood by its USP of providing feature-rich devices at an affordable price. And this has contributed handsomely towards its rise, especially in Asian countries like India. Its customized Android OS skin has also managed to carve out a rich name for itself. Based on ColorOS 6 until Android 9.0 Pie and Realme UI from Android 10 onwards, it offers a plethora of customization to the everyday users. Likewise, the OEM is also quick to adopt the latest Android 11 based on Realme UI 2.0 to its X50 Pro variant.
Apart from that, there are a ton of other Realme devices slated to be blessed with the latest iteration of Android. These include the Realme X50m 5G, Realme 6i, Realme C3, Realme 5s, Realme C2 2020, Realme C2 among others. Along the same lines, it has a pretty impressive custom development scenario as well. The LineageOS 17.1 and Derpfest are some of the most popular custom ROMs that have already made its way over to various Realme devices. Furthermore, the OEM is also quick to release regular OTA updates. However, it usually releases them in batches. As a result, not everyone gets the taste of the same at one go. In this regard, users generally opt for the manual route.
Likewise, sometimes users also end up messing with the flashing instructions and end up with a soft-brick or bootloop device. The handy escape route in this regard is manually flashing the stock firmware. But to effectively carry out all these steps, you will need a Flash Tool. Up until now, Realme X50 Pro was the only device that supported the flash tool. But now there’s more good news in store. The Realme X and Realme X2 Pro are the two latest devices that now support the Realme Flash Tool for flashing the stock firmware. In this guide, we will share the download links of this tool for both these devices and the steps to flash the stock firmware using this tool. Let’s begin.
Realme X, X2, and X2 Pro Flash Tool
There are a few requirements that your device should meet before you try out the tool. Here are all the prerequisites that you should keep in mind. Make sure that your Realme device qualifies all these requirements beforehand.
- Please create a complete backup of all the data of your Realme device. This is because flashing will wipe off all the data.
- Likewise, the bootloader on your Realme device should be unlocked.
- Make sure your device is sufficiently charged (at least 50%) to avoid sudden shutdown during the process
- You should be able to boot your device to Fastboot mode as well. For that, either uses the hardware key combinations or use the adb reboot bootloader command. For the latter, you also have to enable USB Debugging on your device and install Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC.
- This flash tool should only be used to flash the official Realme UI based on Android 10 versions.
- Furthermore, this flash tool is only for Indian users.
You could now download the required tool as well as the firmware package from the below section.
- The Realme Flash Tool for Realme X, X2, and X2 Pro: Download
- Realme UI history package for Realme X: RMX1901EX_11_C.01 | RMX1901EX_11_C.02 | RMX1901EX_11_C.03
- Realme UI history package for Realme X2 Pro: RMX1931EX_C.23 | RMX1931EX_C.26 | RMX1931EX_C.27
- NEW- Realme UI history package for Realme X2: RMX1992EX_11.C.05 | RMX1992EX_11_C.06 | RMX1992EX_11_C.07 | RMX1992EX_11_C.08 | RMX1992AEX_11.C.05 | RMX1992AEX_11_C.06 | RMX1992AEX_11_C.07 | RMX1992AEX_11_C.08
How to Use the Realme X, X2, and X2 Pro Flash Tool
Now that you have downloaded the Realme X, X2, and X2 Pro Flash Tool, here are the steps to flash the stock firmware using it. Follow along.
- Boot your device to Fastboot mode. For that, switch it off and then long-press the power & volume down key simultaneously for a few seconds.
- Once it is booted to fastboot mode, connect it to PC via USB cable.
- Launch the Realme Flash Tool and make sure you have downloaded the firmware package file as well.
- Now click on the Browse button on the tool and browse to the downloaded firmware file.
- Next up, click on the Loading Device button and wait for the tool to recognize your device.
- Then hit the Flash button situated at the top-right. In the confirmation dialog box that appears, click on Confirm.
- Wait for the process to finish. You could keep a track of the process under the Schedule section. Once the flashing is done, you should see 100% under the Schedule section. Similarly, the Status section will display Flashing Completed, and Successful will be displayed under the Result section. You should also see a Flashing Completed dialog box after the successful completion of the flashing process.
These were the steps to flash the stock firmware using the Realme Flash Tool on Realme X, X2, and X2 Pro devices. Do keep in mind that the flashing tool does not support rollout back from Android 10 to Android 9. On that note, if you still have any queries, do let us know in the comments section below. Rounding off, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Trick that deserve your attention as well.