Realme announced what may be the real competitor to the OnePlus 7T, i.e the Realme X2 Pro back in October 2019. It came flagship-level specs, for instance, Snapdragon 855+, a 6.5-inch display with 90Hz refresh rate, 6-12 GB of RAM, a massive 4000 mAh battery, an under-display fingerprint scanner, offers up to 256 GB of onboard storage. Currently, Realme has started pushing out the latest Android 10 update for the Realme X2 Pro model on the top of Realme UI 1.0 skin. After launching the Android 10 update, Realme has promised to roll-out the stable Realme UI update in Q1 2020 and they’ve kept the promise. So, all the interested users can download and install Realme X2 Pro Android 10 update with Realme UI 1.0 from this article.
However, Realme X2 Pro Pro users may have to wait for more as the expected stable Realme UI update hasn’t arrived yet for the Pro model. Now, in this case, we can expect that due to the large-scale COVID-19 pandemic outbreak, the company would release the Realme UI update for the X2 Pro units may be in next week or in April 2020 most probably. Though there is no official announcement available yet. As of now, the Realme X2 Pro unit owners are quite lucky enough to grab the OTA update officially.
A couple of weeks ago, Realme has started the Realme UI Beta program for the Realme X2 Pro users and the company has released the official stable update quite faster. Now, talking about the latest OTA update, it bumps up a new software version RMX1931EX_11.C.23 that brings plenty of new features and improvements that you can find below. Meanwhile, you can check for OTA updates on your device from the Settings menu > Software updates > Download updates manually.
Table of Contents
What’s on Realme UI 1.0?
The all-new Realme UI (1.0) is an official custom skin or a stock ROM for the Realme devices only. Previously, Realme devices run on the ColorOS skin which is developed by Oppo. Now, after the launch of the Android 10 version, Realme has announced that the company is working on its own customized skin which will be close to stock Android with lots of customizations & features. It’s worth mentioning that the Realme UI is actually based on ColorOS 7 on the top of Android 10.
Now, the company has started pushing the latest Realme UI 1.0 stable update to its eligible devices that are compatible to run on Android 10. So, we can say that the Realme UI 1.0 users will get most of the ColorOS 7 features and customizations along with some dedicated features or improvements as well. Now, let’s take a quick look at the Realme UI 1.0 features below.
Features of Realme UI 1.0 (Realme X2 Pro Changelog)
• Updated UI to realme UI
• Brand new Real Design makes visuals more attractive and operation more efficient.
• Optimized user interface and improved one-handed operation.
• Optimized Smart Sidebar: Replaced File Console with File Manager; removed OSIE Visual Effect and No Notification Alerts.
• Drag an app out of Smart Sidebar to open it in Split-screen Mode.
• Added two new features: “Assistive Ball Opacity” and “Hide Assistive Ball on Fullscreen App”.
• Optimized the Floating Window feature for more apps.
• Added Bubbles: A bubble is displayed when you open an app in a floating window from the Smart Sidebar. Tap the bubble to collapse or open the app.
• Optimized 3-Finger Screenshot Gesture: Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen, and swipe to take a screenshot of the selected part of the screen (partial screen capture). Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen, and swipe your fingers outwards to capture a long screenshot.
• Added screenshot settings: You can adjust the position of the screenshot preview floating window and set the screenshot sound.
• Optimized screenshot preview floating window: After taking a screenshot, drag it up and release to share it, or drag it down and release to take a long screenshot.
Navigation Gestures 3.0
• Optimized gestures: All gestures are supported in landscape mode.
• Added Focus Mode: Minimizes outside distractions when you are learning or working.
• Added whole new charging animation.
• Optimized the Quick Settings user interface for easier one-handed operation.
• Added pause feature for screen recording.
• Added a floating window and settings for screen recording.
• New sounds added for file deletion, calculator key touches, and compass pointer.
• Optimized system built-in ringtones.
• Added TalkBack floating prompts for Accessibility.
• New management feature for recent tasks: You can view memory of recent tasks and locked apps.
• Optimized visual interaction for Game Space.
• Optimized loading animation for Game Space.
• Added new live wallpapers.
• Added artistic wallpapers.
• Added option to open Global Search or the notification panel when swiping down on homescreen.
• Added option to customize the size, shape, and style of app icons on homescreen.
• Optimized the graphic design of password unlock to facilitate one-handed operation.
• Support for animated wallpapers on the lockscreen.
• Added a Simple Mode for homescreen, featuring larger fonts, icons and a clearer layout.
• Random MAC address Generator: When your phone is connected to Wi-Fi network system generates a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy.
• In Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open Calculator in a floating window.
• Added the trim feature in Recordings.
• Added the Weather (dynamic) ringtone, which automatically adapts to the current weather.
• Added weather-adaptive animations in Weather.
• Optimized the Camera UI for better user experience.
• Optimized the Timer UI and sound.
• Optimized the Album UI for a clearer structure and photo thumbnails.
• Added Album Recommendations that recognize more than 80 different scenes.
• realme Share now supports sharing files with OPPO, Vivo and Xiaomi devices.
• Optimized the Contacts UI for a more efficient experience.
• Search Settings now supports fuzzy match and contains a search history
To deepen user’s perception of fast charging, it will always be displayed when your phone is charging and the screen is bright.
How to Install Android 10 Update on Realme X2 Pro (Realme UI 1.0)
If in case, you’re getting the OTA update notification on your Realme X2 Pro device, then just follow the guide below in order to manually install the firmware update. Make sure to check out all the requirements and downloads properly.
- We assume that you’ve downloaded the firmware file and installed the other drivers & tools on your PC.
- This Stock ROM file is exclusive for the Realme X2 Pro model only.
- Try to charge your device more than 60% at least.
- Install the Realme USB Drivers on your computer.
- Take a Full Data Backup without Root before doing anything.
- If TWRP Recovery already installed, keep a Nandroid Backup via TWRP.
- You will require a computer and a USB data cable.
- Firmware File:
- RMX1931EX_11.C.23 – Download Link
Instructions to Install
After downloading the firmware file for Realme X2 Pro, you need to use SP Flash Tool to flash the firmware. If you are doing it for the first time then don’t worry. Here is a detailed guide that you can follow to flash stock firmware on Realme X2 Pro.
Instructions to Install via Recovery:
First, you can try the official method to install the OTA stock ROM update via Realme device recovery. Follow the guide link given below to install the OTA update on the Realme device.
As the OTA update is waving its way in a phased manner, the interested Realme X2 Pro users may have to wait for the update notification. Currently, download link isn’t available, so we will update the link whenever available. That’s it, guys. We hope you’ve found this guide pretty useful and you’ve successfully installed or upgraded the Realme X2 Pro Android 10 update. Feel free to ask in the comments below.