Realme has recently launched the Realme X2 Pro smartphone as an affordable flagship killer with flagship specifications. The handset comes with a 6.5-inches Super AMOLED display, a whopping 1000 nits maximum brightness, 90Hz refresh rate, Snapdragon 855+ chipset, up to 12GB RAM, up to 256GB onboard storage, etc. The device came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie update and later got upgraded to Android 10 under Realme Ui 1.0. Here we will know whether the device will receive the official Android 11 (Realme Ui 2.0) update.
Google has finally pushed the Android 11 Beta update, the official public version of the software isn’t likely to land until the end of the year at least. All Pixel devices(except the first-gen pixel) are now eligible to download the update or take the top after opting for the Beta program.
You landed up to this article with a question that what is the status from Realme to push the Android 11 to the newly launched Realme X2 Pro. Well, then go through this article, and by the end of the article you will be able to clear all the doubts regarding Realme X2 Pro Android 11 (Android R) Update Status, either it is Android 11 official update or Android 11 Beta update.
Table of Contents
What’s on Android 11?
The next version of Google’s Android software, Android 11, is going to be released by the end of the year. Given pandemic related concerns, Google eschewed the splash unveiling at a developer event and easily released a public beta on Wednesday, June 10.
- You can now prioritize your conversations together with your most vital contacts within the new “conversations” section at the highest of your notification shade with a people-forward design and conversation specific actions, like opening the conversation as a bubble.
- Bubbles, it helps users to stay conversations insight and accessible while multitasking. Messaging and chat apps should use the Bubbles API on notifications to enable this in Android 11.
- More improved and modified Voice Controls, for people that control their phone entirely by voice, now includes an on-device visual area that understands screen content and context.
- One-time permission lets users give an app access to the device microphone, camera, or location, just that just one occasion.
- Customizable DND mode enables you to settle on which apps or people can still notify you once you turn the mode on.
- The new Auto-Reset feature that will supposedly remove app permissions that are not infrequent use.
- Google Play System Updates, launched last year, lets us expedite updates of core OS components to devices within the Android ecosystem. In Android 11, we quite doubled the amount of updatable modules, and people 12 new modules will help improve privacy, security, and consistency for users and developers.
What’s in Realme UI 2.0?
Realme UI 2.0 is an upcoming custom skin version (stock ROM) for the Realme devices that will run on Android 11 OS and includes all the native Android 11 features as well. As it’s a successor version of the Realme UI (ColorOS 7), we will gonna receive a much-improved version in all aspects this time. Realme India CMO Francis Wang has confirmed that the Realme UI 2.0 is under development process and the OEM is working hard on it to bring more & more features.
Though Android 10 was released almost nine months ago, there are a couple of OEMs still trying to push the Android 10 Beta and stable update within the mentioned timeframe for its eligible devices. Meantime, the Android 11 Beta has been released recently by Google and available for Pixel 2nd-gen or later models officially. While some other brands like Xiaomi, Realme, Realme, OnePlus are expecting to push the Android 11 based early beta program for its eligible models very soon. Similarly, Realme has announced the beta recruitment program for the Realme X2 Pro recently.
Quick Realme X2 Pro Specs
The Realme X2 Pro sports a 6.5-inches Super AMOLED 90Hz refresh rate display of 1080 x 2400 pixels resolution. The display also supports HDR10+ content having a 1000 nits maximum brightness level. While the handset comes with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection on both sides with an aluminum frame.
It’s powered by the flagship octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+ SoC, coupled with Adreno 640 GPU. There is 6GB/8GB/12GB of RAM and 64GB/128GB/256GB UFS3.0 of internal storage options available on this device. It runs on the Android 9.0 Pie over ColorOS 6 out-of-the-box and upgradable to Android 10 over ColorOS 6.1 skin.
In terms of the camera department, the Realme X2 Pro packs a rear 64MP wide-angle (f/1.8) lens, an 8MP ultrawide camera (f/2.2), a 13MP telephoto (f/2.4) lens, and a 2MP depth sensor (f/2.4) lens. While the front features a 16MP selfie camera with an f/2.0 aperture lens.
The device packs with some of the major sensors like an optical in-display fingerprint sensor, an accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity, and compass sensor. Whereas the handset sports a 4,000mAh battery with 65W Super VOOC Flash Charge fast charging technology.
Will Realme X2 Pro Receive the Android 11 Update?
Well, Realme only promised the beta update of Android 11 to Realme X50 Pro so far. Regarding the official Android 11 Update for Realme X2 Pro, there is nothing to worry about, the device will surely receive the update. According to the CMO of Realme, almost every Realme device gets at least 2 major software updates. Since Realme X2 Pro was launched with Android 9 out of the box, and it is already being updated to Android 10 via Realme UI 1.0. That means it will surely be updated to the next major version of their software i.e., Realme UI 2.0 of top of Android 11.
Right now there is no official roadmap of Realme UI 2.0 because Realme UI 1.0 is still being in the rollout process. We will let you about the official roadmap of the update as soon as Realme releases any press statement. Till then bookmark this page for further updates.