The Chinese smartphone OEM Realme has started pushing out a new firmware update for the Realme X2 handset. The device was launched in September 2019 and came with Android 9 Pie over ColorOS 6. Currently, the phone is receiving the December 2019 patch and other bug fixes with system improvements. It comes with a software version RMX1992EX_11_A.17 in a file size of 2.55GB.
While the December 2019 Security Patch offers security improvements, the mentioned firmware version also brings optimized nightscape mode for the front camera, the optimized voice call quality of the 3rd-party app. Additionally, the update brings updated font change support in Theme Store, added dark mode fast switch toggle, added personal hotspot data consumption display, optimized standby power consumption.
It also offers some of the known bug fixes like low sound when connected to AirPods2 headset, WhatsApp dialog background isn’t clear in dark mode, camera overexposure in some scenes. The update is making its way via OTA and rolling out in a staged manner to ensure stability. If no major bugs are found, the broader roll-out will start very soon. Meanwhile, the Realme X2 Chinese variant got Dec 2019 patch. Now, let’s check out the update changelog below.
- Android security patch: December 2019
- Optimized the voice call quality of the third-party application
- Optimized Nightscape quality of front camera
- Theme Store
- Updated font change supporting in Theme Store
- Notification Center and Status Bar
- Added dark mode fast switch toggles in notification center
- Added personal hotspot data consumption display
- Power consumption
- Optimized standby power consumption in partial scenarios
- Known issue fixed
- Fixed the issue of low sound when connected to AirPods2 headset
- Fixed the problem that the background of the WhatsApp application dialog is not clear in dark mode
- The issue of camera overexposure in some scenes fixed
Check Software Update
The OTA update will be pushed out to a limited number of users randomly for now. So, it will take some time to hit all the Realme X2 units globally. We recommend you to check for OTA updates manually via the device Settings > System Updates.
Ensure that your phone is charged fully and connected to a Wi-Fi network also. However, if you’re not getting the OTA update for a while, you can download RMX1992EX_11_A.17 and sideload it manually.