OPPO’s sub-brand Realme has released the December 2019 Security Patch almost a week ago in China for the Realme X2 model. Currently, Realme has started pushing out another new firmware update that also contains the same December patch based on Android 9.0 Pie with a new software version RMX1991_11.A.14. Although, according to the update changelog, the improvements are quite identical to the previous one. But there is a new bug fix that has been added to this new software update which was missing in the last update.
As mentioned earlier, the December 2019 Android Security Patch Level fixes system security bug which could cause a permanent denial of service. The update also brings similar fixes like standby power consumption optimization, adds dark mode quick switch, adds data display of the personal hotspot consumption. It also fixes no message that can be received the issue in the background of the Qianniu app.
Meanwhile, the update solves the problem with no sound when connected with some smart cameras and remote control. It fixes the too low sound problem when connecting to the Airpods2 Bluetooth headset. Apart from this, the new fix solves the problem that the VPN can’t be used in the game space and the network delay. Now, let’s take a look at the update changelog below. Additionally, if you want to install the update manually on your Realme X2 Chinese variant, then you can follow the guide below.
Table of Contents
- Incorporate December security patches
- Power consumption
- Optimized standby power consumption in some scenarios
- Notification Center and Status Bar
- Added dark mode quick switch
- Add personal hotspot consumption flow display
- Solve the problem that Qianniu application cannot receive messages in the background
- Solve the problem of no sound when connected to some smart cameras and remote control
- Solve the problem of low sound when connected to Airpods2 Bluetooth headset
- Fixed the problem of unable to use VPN and not displaying network delay in game space
Check Software Update
As the firmware OTA update always roll-out in batches and may take longer time than usual mostly. Either you can wait for the OTA update notification or can manually check for it. Therefore, you should check the OTA update on an interval basis.
Go to the device Settings > System > System Update. Keep in mind to connect to a Wi-Fi network and fully charged your device before updating as the firmware file is bigger in size around 2.33GB.
Steps to Install Software Update on Realme X2: RMX1991_11.A.14
Now, head over to the firmware download link and requirements below before going to the installation steps.
RMX1991_11.A.14 | Download
- Make sure that this OTA ROM is compatible with the Realme X2 Chinese variant.
- Your phone should run on the stock ROM to apply the update.
- Keep charged the battery more than 60% at least.
- Take a full data backup before doing anything.
Let’s jump into the software update guide for your Realme X2 handset.
We hope you’ve installed or updated the latest firmware version on your Realme X2 successfully. If you’ve any queries, let us know in the comments below.