Here we will guide to install the Red Wolf Recovery Project on Redmi Note 4/4X (mido and kenzo). The guide is simple and easy to flash.
Alright, so you have a Xiaomi’s Redmi Note 4/ 4X. Great! Xiaomi makes some of the best Android Devices on a budget. Well, it looks like you are not ordinary users who buy a device and uses it for just basic tasks. You all are intelligent, you are always looking forward to getting the most out of your devices, unlike others. If you have been doing all this for a while now, then the chances are that you must have come across the term Custom Recovery at some point in time. Everyone knows that there are 2 of the most popular Custom Recoveries out there, the CWM Recovery and the TWRP Recovery.
Talking about the specifications, Redmi Note 4 features a 5.5-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. It is powered by Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625 processor coupled with 3GB and 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 32GB or 64GB internal memory. The camera on the Redmi Note 4 comes with 13MP and 5MP front shooting camera. It is backed by a Non-removable Li-Po 4100 mAh battery.
But have you ever heard of Red Wolf Recovery Project? Chances are that you haven’t. The Red Wolf Recovery Project is a new recovery which is based on TWRP source code. But it is different from the TWRP Recovery. The main objective of this recovery project was to provide the stable recovery with a lot of features. Which features, you ask? Well, stay tuned as we would discuss it in this post. Today, we would be covering on How to Install Red Wolf Recovery Project on Redmi Note 4/4X. So without any further, we do, let’s jump right into it.
Table of Contents
Install Red Wolf Recovery Project on Redmi Note 4/ 4X
Before we get straight to our guide on Install Red Wolf Recovery Project on Redmi Note 4/4X, let us take a look at What Red Wolf Recovery Project exactly is and some of its features, should we?
What is the Red Wolf Recovery Project?
The Red Wolf Recovery Project is a Custom Recovery for Android Devices which is based on the TWRP source code. The main objective of this recovery project was to provide the stable recovery with a lot of features. Since the recovery is quite new, there are some issues with the recovery. We can expect it to get better with updates. Anyways, let us now take a look at some of the Red Wolf Recovery Project features.
Features of Red Wolf Recovery Project
- Password protection
- Turn on/ off Flashlight
- Built-in latest SuperSU, Magisk & AromaFM to root your device
- Comes with a lot of built-in scripts from the community
- Has the ability to activate the Night mode
- Users can backup all the partitions
- Has the ability to activate tap to wake
- Has the ability to set a custom id for the backup folder & ADB
- Users can flash boot logo & modem directly from the recovery
- Automatically deactivates the stock recovery
- Users can change the current governor on which the recovery is currently running
- Automatically patch the MIUI boot image.
- Recovery will notify you about the completed backups/ restore/ installations using the notification diode.
Support set on boot settings.
So those were some of the Features of Red Wolf Recovery Project. Now, let us take a look at How to Install Red Wolf Recovery Project on Redmi Note 4/ 4X, should we?
[su_note note_color=”#fefdef” text_color=”#000000″]
Please remember that recovery with password protection isn’t still a full protection for your phone. Red Wolf can only prevent unauthorized access to your device from recovery. But your device can be still reinstalled using fastboot or Miflash.
Steps to Install Red Wolf Recovery Project on Redmi Note 4/ 4X
Note: This guide would only work with the Snapdragon version of the Redmi Note 4/ 4X.
In order to Install the Red Wolf Recovery Project on Redmi Note 4/ 4X, you need to follow these steps carefully:
Download the ifelixit FLASHER TOOLKIT RW_Mido3
Download RedWolf-026-mido-2GB_RAM.zip – Specifically for 2GB RAM variant and move to the “Download” folder of your phone internally or your SD Card for easy access.
- Download the Mi Flash Tool – Preferably or Download ADB and Fastboot and install it on your PC/Laptop, preferably on C\: Drive and choose system-wide installation.
- First of all, you need to download the ifelixit-FLASHER-TOOLKIT-RW-Mido2.zip file on your PC by clicking on the download button below.
Now Plug your device in an ON-STATE via USB cable to your PC/Laptop.
- Now extract the downloaded ifelixit FLASHER TOOLKIT RW_Mido3 and extract it,
- Now open the extracted folder, right click on the ifelixit FLASHER TOOLKIT RW_Mido3.bat, and click “Run as administrator”
- Now you will see the below screen, you can press any key to continue.
- Once you press any key, you will now see a screen for what you want to do.
- You can choose Menu #1 to FLASH Red Wolf Recovery for Redmi Note 4/4X SD – RAM 3GB or Menu #2 to Flash Redmi Note 4/4X SD – RAM 2GB and follow the on-screen instructions.
[su_note note_color=”#feeff6″ text_color=”#000000″]Note: For Redmi Note 4/4X SD 2GB RAM variant, download the RedWolf-026-mido-2GB_RAM.zip and extract the folder and move all the files to ifelixit FLASHER TOOLKIT RW_Mido3[/su_note]
- It will check whether you have followed all the Essentials mentioned above, and when all are met, it will run accordingly and flawlessly.
- Once the flashing is done successfully, your phone will boot into TWRP screen which will ask you if you want to allow system modifications. By swiping right, you will trigger dm-verity, and if you don’t follow the next step you will be unable to boot! Hence, to root your device you need to follow the rest of these steps, then it is safe to swipe right and enable modifications.
- To go further, Red Wolf Recovery will prompt you for a password and later you will have the option to stick or even remove the password, as follows:-
- Next, go to Advanced/Special Actions, to Disable DM-verity, Disable Forced Encryption, and Support MIUI Incremental OTA. It is imperative to Tick all these options to flawlessly to avoid boot looping and enjoy Incremental OTA.
So that’s it guys, this was our take on Install Red Wolf Recovery Project on Redmi Note 4/4X. We hope that you found this guide helpful. Just in case, if you have stuck somewhere between the steps or have any questions related to the topic, then feel free to leave them in the comments section down below.