Here we will guide to install the Red Wolf Recovery Project on Redmi 5A (riva). The guide is simple and easy to flash.
Alright, so you have a Xiaomi Redmi 5A (codenamed riva) right? then Great! OnePlus makes some of the best Android Devices on a budget. Well, it looks like you are not ordinary users who buy a device and uses it for just basic tasks. You all are intelligent, you are always looking forward to getting the most out of your devices, unlike others. If you have been doing all this for a while now, then the chances are that you must have come across the term Custom Recovery at some point in time. Everyone knows that there are 2 of the most popular Custom Recoveries out there, the CWM Recovery and the TWRP Recovery.
But have you ever heard of Red Wolf Recovery Project? Chances are that you haven’t. The Red Wolf Recovery Project is a new recovery which is based on TWRP source code. But it is different from the TWRP Recovery. The main objective of this recovery project was to provide the stable recovery with a lot of features. Which features, you ask? Well, stay tuned as we would discuss it in this post. Today, we would be covering on How to Install Red Wolf Recovery Project on Redmi 5A (riva). So without any further, we do, let’s jump right into it.
Table of Contents
- 1 Xiaomi Redmi 5A Specifications
- 2 Install Red Wolf Recovery Project on Redmi 5A (riva)
- 3 Steps to Install Red Wolf Recovery Project on Redmi 5A
- 4 Red Wolf Recovery Project Screenshot:
Xiaomi Redmi 5A Specifications
Let us first have a quick review of the hardware specifications of this wonderful smartphone. Launched in the November 2017, it has a very large number of users and a few have reported about the common issues they are experiencing. This device comes with a 5-inch touchscreen display which is good enough to view any sort of content due to its ability to provide a 1280 x 720 pixels resolution. It has been powered by 1.4GHz octa-core processor to meet the level of performance modern users expect from a device.
The phone packs a 16GB ROM and 2GB RAM. It is possible to extend the storage by upto 256GB through a microSD card. The 13 MP primary cameras and a 5MP selfie shooter is good enough for capturing the quality snaps and shooting the HD videos. As far as the matter of OS is concerned, The Redmi 5A runs on Android 7.1.2 Nougat and has a 3000mAh battery.
Install Red Wolf Recovery Project on Redmi 5A (riva)
Before we get straight to our guide on Install on Xiaomi Redmi 5A, let us take a look at What Red Wolf Recovery Project exactly is and some of its features, should we?
What is the Red Wolf Recovery Project?
The Red Wolf Recovery Project is a Custom Recovery for Android Devices which is based on the TWRP source code. The main objective of this recovery project was to provide the stable recovery with a lot of features. Since the recovery is quite new, there are some issues with the recovery. We can expect it to get better with updates. Anyways, let us now take a look at some of the Red Wolf Recovery Project features.
Features of Red Wolf Recovery Project
- Password protection
- Turn on/ off Flashlight
- Built-in latest SuperSU, Magisk & AromaFM to root your device
- Comes with a lot of built-in scripts from the community
- Has the ability to activate the Night mode
- Users can backup all the partitions
- Has the ability to activate tap to wake
- Has the ability to set a custom id for the backup folder & ADB
- Users can flash boot logo & modem directly from the recovery
- Automatically deactivates the stock recovery
- Users can change the current governor on which the recovery is currently running
- Automatically patch the MIUI boot image.
- Recovery will notify you about the completed backups/ restore/ installations using the notification diode.
Support set on boot settings.
So those were some of the Features of Red Wolf Recovery Project. Now, let us take a look at How to Install Red Wolf Recovery Project on Redmi 5A, should we?
[su_note note_color=”#fefdef” text_color=”#000000″]
Please remember that recovery with password protection isn’t still a full protection for your phone. Red Wolf can only prevent unauthorized access to your device from recovery. But your device can be still reinstalled using fastboot.
Steps to Install Red Wolf Recovery Project on Redmi 5A
Note: This guide would only work only on Xiaomi Redmi 5A.
In order to Install the Red Wolf Recovery Project, you need TWRP Recovery on your Xiaomi Redmi 5A. So let’s guide straight on the process of installation.
- Here is Download link for Red Wolf Recovery Here
- Download Xiaomi USB Drivers [Here is the Guide to Install Android USB drivers]
- Download ADB and fastboot drivers
- You need to install TWRP Recovery on the Xiaomi Redmi 5A device.
- First of all, move the downloaded Red Wolf Recovery to your phone’s internal storage.
- If you have installed TWRP Recovery, now boot into TWRP recovery on your device.
- Once you have booted into TWRP, now tap on Install button
- Now tap on the install image and browse for the Red Wolf Recovery file you downloaded for Xiaomi Redmi 5A.
- Once you have found, now tap on the file name and you can just swipe to confirm the flash.
- It will install the Red Wolf Recovery Project on Redmi 5A.
Red Wolf Recovery Project Screenshot:
[su_custom_gallery source=”media: 88837,88838,88839,88840,88841,88842,88843″ limit=”6″ link=”lightbox” width=”150″ height=”150″ title=”never”]
So that’s it guys, this was our take on Install Red Wolf Recovery Project on Redmi 5A. We hope that you found this guide helpful. Just in case, if you have stuck somewhere between the steps or have any questions related to the topic, then feel free to leave them in the comments section down below.