Xiaomi Redmi 4A was launched on November 2016. Here we will discuss the release of Android 9.0 Pie update for Xiaomi Redmi 4A (Rolex).
Google finally revealed the next version of Android OS called Android 9.0 Pie. The update is been rolling out to Pixel phones now. The currently supported devices are Google Pixel, Pixel XL, Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL. Google announced the Android Pie beta preview earlier this year and includes lots of new features. Google also say's that the devices that were a part of the Android P developer preview program with brands such as Sony, Xiaomi, Oppo, OnePlus, Essential, and more along with some Android One phones, will get the Android 9.0 Pie in the fall.
Xiaomi Redmi 6 features a 5.0-inches display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. The smartphone is powered by Qualcomm MSM8917 Snapdragon 425 processor coupled with 2GB of RAM. The phone packs 16/32GB internal memory. The camera on the Xiaomi Redmi 6 comes with a 13MP rear camera with LED flash and 5MP front shooting camera for selfies. The handset came out of the box with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and backed by a Non-removable Li-Ion 3120 mAh battery.
When will Xiaomi release Android 9.0 Pie update for Xiaomi Redmi 4A?
Xiaomi will not support Android 9.0 Pie update for Xiaomi Redmi 4A, but you can try the custom ROM once the developer build from the Android Pie source code. The developers are working currently to get beta build of Android 9.0 Pie for this device. As soon as the developer release the initial build, we will share it here. Xiaomi has not yet announced the device list and ETA (estimated time of arrival), we will keep the post updating. For all Xiaomi update timeline, you check out the List of Android 9 Pie Supported Xiaomi Devices.
Currently, there is no Android 9.0 Pie custom ROM available to try on Xiaomi Redmi 4A. So stay tuned to get more info about the update here.
- Common Redmi 4A Problems and Fixes - Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
- How to Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Xiaomi Redmi 4A
- How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 for Xiaomi Redmi 4A (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- List of Best Custom ROM for Xiaomi Redmi 4A - Updated
- How To Root And Install Official TWRP Recovery For Xiaomi Redmi 4A
What's on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google's Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Check out the Top 10 Features of Android 9.0 Pie Update
Want to try Android 9.0 Pie on Xiaomi Redmi 4A (Rolex)?
If you want to enjoy Android 9.0 Pie features, then follow the below guide.
Make sure you have Unlocked Bootloader and installed TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi 4A (Rolex).
- Supported on Xiaomi Redmi 4A
- Charge your phone up to 50% or more.
- Take a complete backup of your phone data [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- Do a full data wipe in the stock recovery (this is mandatory, twrp wipe will not work)
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Redmi 4A (Rolex)
- Install the latest TWRP recovery on Xiaomi Redmi 4A.
- Download the Android 9.0 Pie. [Thanks to the XDA Senior member ankan005]
- Android 9.0 Pie Gapps not necessary!
- Note: First boot can take some time. They may even loop a few times...
Instructions to Install on Xiaomi Redmi 4A:
- Move the download AOSP Android 9.0 Pie and Android Pie Gapps to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Before installing Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery (DO NOT WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE)
- Now follow the guide on how to flash custom ROM using TWRP Recovery
- reboot to system, then again recovery and then you can follow the same guide to flash the Gapps file on your phone.
- That's it! You can reboot your device to enjoy AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Update on Xiaomi Redmi 4A.
Root Android 9.0 Pie on Xiaomi Redmi 4A:
We are not responsible if the rooting procedure didn't work on your phone.
Download and Install SuperSU root on your phone.
If you don't want SuperSU rooting guide, then you can try Magisk on your phone.
Hope this guide was helpful to install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie update for Xiaomi Redmi 4A.