These days Android users are never satisfied with the Android experience the device OEM provides. They want to explore more possibilities that their device can offer. Hence they choose to customize their Android device by installing custom ROMs, kernels etc. In this post, you will know how to install Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 customized Franco kernel on . Franco kernel is a custom kernel created by developer fransicofranco. The builds starting with r1 are for Lineage OS 14.1 based ROMs. Builds starting with r2 are compatible with Android Oreo 8.1.0 ROMs.
Custom kernel is nothing but the modified stock kernel your device comes with. Its purpose is to achieve some attributes which are not present in the kernel provided by Manufacturers. Kernels are of course device specific. You can identify the kernel as they are files named as boot.img. It is possible to extract the boot.img or kernel from the device using tools such as ADB. So, in this post, we bring you the tutorial to install Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Customized Franco Kernel.You can find the download links and the flashing guide below.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 is a latest dual-SIM smartphone launched in November 2017. It has a 6.01-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 1920 pixels. Redmi Note 4 is powered by 2 GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor and runs on a 6GB RAM. It comes with Android 6.0 Marshmallow out-of-the-box. This device comes with 64GB of internal storage that is not expandable. Redmi Note 4 brings a 13-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 5-megapixel cam at the front side.
Features of Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Customized Franco Kernel
- Great battery life
- Flash & forget
- Contains all typical interfaces like display adjustments, sound control, vibration control,
- Bypasses the verified boot flag for Android Pay compatibility
- Idle power consumption reduced to the absolute minimum
- Support for FKUpdater’s Performance Profiles
- Seamless integration with app FKUpdater
- No useless placebo patches, or “magical” optimizations
Download Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Customized Franco Kernel
Here are the download links to get the customized Franco kernel for both Android N and O. The developer also provides a more convenient way to download the kernel from his Updater App.
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Customized Franco Kernel based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat| Download
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Customized Franco Kernel based on Android 8.1 Oreo | Download
- Kernel Updater App | Download
You may also like to install Franco Kernel for OnePlus 5T.
Steps To Flash Redmi Note 4 Customized Franco Kernel
Before, you get ahead with flashing the mod,
- This process is solely meant for the Xiaomi RedmiNote 4.
- Make sure your device has full battery charge to avoid any interruption due to battery shortage.
- Take a full nandroid backup of your device data and stock kernel.
- GetDroidTips will not be responsible for bricking of any devices.
Step-1 Download the Franco kernel zip file.
Step-2 Rename the file to something convenient.
Step-3 Now move the file to the storage of your Redmi Note 4.
Step-4 Turn off your phone and long press vol Down + Power buttons.
Step-5 Now your device will enter the recovery mode.
Step-6 Flash the modded kernel zip file from the recovery. Wait while the process completes.
Step-7 Now reboot the device to finish the process.
Alternatively, you can also auto-flash from Franco Kernel Updater app.
So, that’s all about it. Now that you know how to install Redmi Note 4 Customized Franco Kernel, go try it out and let us know. Keep exploring the endless possibilities of your Android device.
Follow GetDroidTips to learn all cool tricks and tips to customize your Android smartphone.