Here we will guide on how to perform a hard Reset on Huawei P20 Pro. Everyone can have his/her own reasons for performing a factory Reset on Huawei P20 Pro. Having a fresh start with Android, selling the phone, or boosting the performance are some of the common reasons why most of the users go for it.
Steps to Perform Hard Reset on Huawei P20 Pro
There are two methods available actually to keep up the pace. One is a hard factory reset via Settings and another is factory reset via Recovery. Both these methods are good and will bring similar outcomes when you choose to perform Huawei P20 Pro factory reset. Basically, when you are able to boot into Android, you can perform the hard reset from Settings menu. On the other side, if you are not able to boot into Android, you can go with Hard Factory Data Reset on Huawei P20 Pro via Recovery.
Instructions for Hard Reset via Settings
- Firstly open the setting applications on Huawei P20 Pro.
- After this, go to the system section which is at the bottom.
- Click on “Backup & Reset” option and tap on “Factory Data Reset”
- You have the option to choose whether you need to erase data from the internal storage of your Huawei P20 Pro.
- You will see a button named “Reset Phone”. Tap on it and then tap again on the button “Erase Everything”.
- Just wait for some time. Your Huawei P20 Pro will reboot. The time it takes to start again depends on the amount of data you have on your phone.
Instructions for Hard Factory Reset via Recovery
- For the hard factory reset, the first thing you need to do is booting your device into the recovery mode.
- After this, tap on the “English” option and then tap on Wipe Data and Cache option.
- You will see an option “Erase everything”, simply tap on it.
- A window will appear saying “this cannot be undone”. Click on it.
- Now just wait till your device perform the factory reset.
- Finally, tap on the Reboot option. This will bring your phone back to Android.
- That’s it! You have done the Factory Data Reset on Huawei P20 Pro
I hope this guide was useful to hard reset your Huawei P20 Pro.
Huawei P20 Pro Specifications:
Huawei P20 Pro features a 6.1 inches AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2240 pixels. The smartphone is powered by Octa-core 4×2.4 GHz Cortex-A73 Hisilicon Kirin 970 processor coupled with 6/8GB of RAM. The phone packs 128/256GB internal memory. The camera on the Huawei P20 Pro comes with Triple 40MP + 20MP + 8MP phase detection autofocus, LED flash rear camera and also 24MP depth sensor front shooting camera.
Huawei P20 Pro runs on Android 8.1 Oreo with EMUI 8.1 and a Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery with Fast charging. It also has Fingerprint sensor on the front. The handset supports dual sim with 4G on both slot. It comes with connectivity options such as Bluetooth, Wifi, USB OTG, FM, 3G, and 4G.