Here we will guide on how to reset Samsung Galaxy device by using two popular methods called Soft reset and factory reset.
There are times when things do not go well with Samsung’s Galaxy line up of Devices. In such a situation where your device is unable to turn on, the only option you have to try resetting it. Well, there are 2 types of resets- the Soft Reset and the Hard Reset. In order to help you guys understand it better, we are here with our guide on How to Reset Samsung Galaxy – Soft Reset and Factory Reset.
How to Reset Samsung Galaxy – Soft Reset and Factory Reset
Let us first take a look at How to Soft Reset Samsung Galaxy Smartphone.
How to Soft Reset Samsung Galaxy Smartphone
In order to Soft Reset your Samsung Galaxy Smartphone, you need to follow these steps carefully:
- Press and hold the “Volume Down” + “Power” key on your Samsung Galaxy Smartphone.
- Keep the keys pressed for about 45 seconds and release them once the Smartphone reboots.
That’s it! An easy and quick way to soft reset your Samsung Galaxy Smartphone. Well, let us now take a look at how you can hard reset your Samsung Galaxy Device.
How to Hard Reset Samsung Galaxy Smartphone
There are 2 methods to Hard Reset your Samsung Galaxy Smartphone. Let’s take a look at both of them.
Method 1: Hard Reset via Settings
If your Samsung Galaxy Smartphone is turning on, then you can use this method to hard reset it. You need to follow these steps carefully to hard reset your Samsung Galaxy Smartphone using this method.
- First of all, go to the Settings on your Samsung Galaxy Smartphone.
- Select Cloud and accounts and then tap on the Backup and restore option.
- Turn on the Restore and Backup my data options.
- Return back to the Settings and navigate to the General management.
- Here, select Reset and tap on Factory Data Reset.
- Tap on Reset Device and enter your Samsung Galaxy Device’s password to proceed further.
- Tap on Continue and then select Delete All.
That’s it, now wait till your Samsung Galaxy Smartphone reboots. If your Samsung Galaxy Device is not turning on then you can use our next method to hard reset it.
Method 2: Hard Reset via Recovery
You need to follow these steps carefully to hard reset your Samsung Galaxy Smartphone using this method.
- First of all, press and hold the Home and Volume Up key on your Samsung Galaxy Device to boot into Recovery Mode.
- Release the keys as soon as you see an Android Logo on the Screen.
- Now, using the Volume Keys, navigate to the wipe data/ factory reset option.
- Press the Power Key once to confirm the Reset.
- Press the Volume Down key once to highlight the Yes – delete all user data option.
- Finally, press the Power Key to finish things off.
That’s it, now wait till your Samsung Galaxy Smartphone reboots.
- Methods to fix Samsung Galaxy battery draining too quickly problem
- Guide To Fix Samsung Galaxy Not Charging Problem
- Methods to fix Samsung Galaxy Touchscreen Problem
- How To Quickly Fix Sound Problems In Samsung Galaxy Smartphones?
- How To Fix Samsung Galaxy Overheating Problem? [ Troubleshoot]
- Troubleshoot – Fix Samsung Galaxy GPS problems [Solved].
- Guide to fix Samsung Galaxy WiFi and Cellular Data Problem
- How to fix Samsung Galaxy Bluetooth Problem?
Alright guys, so this was our take on How to Reset Samsung Galaxy – Soft Reset and Factory Reset. We hope that you found this guide helpful. Just in case if you have any questions related to the topic, then feel free to leave them in the comments section down below.