THE CONTACT LIST,must be the most valueable “list” on your Android device, atleast for 99.99% of the smartphone users. So, what if you had lost your device, or forgot to backup the contacts before formatting, or while rooting and tweaking the device, or even while switching to a new device ?!. It’ll be the most atrocious thing that can happen to yourself. Fortunately, there’s a good news for you and thanks to Google. It’s important to note that this method will only be effective, if you had synced and backed up the contacts to your google account. To restore contacts from your Google account, there are 2 methods to do so. Also, it is required to sign in to your google account from the respective device.
The first method is quite the normal and somewhat complex (compared to Method #2) one.
1. Open your phone’s Settings app (you may find it on your notification panel)
2. Tap Google
3. Find the Set up & Restore tab under Services and tap on it.
4. You may find the option Restore Contacts, and open it
5. Now you may choose which acoount to restore the contacts from by tapping From account , if and only if you own multiple google accounts.
6. Select the device with the backed up or synced contacts
7. If you only need the contacts from your google account, you may deselect the SIM Card and Device storage options, so that the contacts from both the storages won’t be restored
8. Now tap Restore and wait for the ‘Contacts restored’ notfication
This will restore the previous backed up contacts from your google account and you’ll be catching up your breath
This is an easy method if you don’t mind having an extra contacts app on your phone besides the default one.
1. Download and install Contacts app by Google via Playstore
2. Wait for the app to sync your contacts and display them in the app itself
3. Bingo!, there’s your contacts
Backup your contacts automatically to Google
Eventhough you can restore the previously backed-up contacts, it is only possible if you constantly backup your contacts to your Google account. If you are person who uses more than one device, or the one who keeps changing ROMs, it is preferred to backup and sync your contacts constantly. To backup your contacts
1. Open Settings app
2. Go to Accounts tab
And to be even more sure, we recommend you to do a manual backup also.
1. Tap on the 3-dots on the top right corner on the same window
Now all the selected datas including contacts and other informations on the Account sync page will be backed up to your Google account.