Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 (X01BD) launched in December 2018. The phone came out of the box with Android 8.1 Oreo. Here we will guide on how to download and install Resurrection Remix on Zenfone Max Pro M2 which is currently based on Android 10 Q. The update brings all new Android Pie features and software version bumps to RR 8.x.x. Full Credits to Member ahmedshaikh for sharing the Build of Resurrection Remix for Zenfone Max Pro M2.
Resurrection Remix is one of the popular aftermarket custom ROM for any Android device out there. After the Android 9.0 Pie update, Resurrection is back with the new version based on Android 10 known as Resurrection Remix 8.x.x or RR 8.x.x. The update is currently live for Zenfone Max Pro M2 and few other devices. Now you can install the Resurrection Remix on Zenfone Max Pro M2 by following our guide given below.
To install Resurrection Remix on Zenfone Max Pro M2, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on the latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new Resurrection Remix on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of Resurrection Remix ROM.
Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 features a 6.3-inch full-HD+ IPS display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2280 pixels. It is powered by 1.95GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Processor coupled with 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 64GB internal memory with expandable storage support of 512GB via microSD card. The camera on the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 flaunts with dual rear camera with the 13-MP primary sensor and a 12-MP secondary sensor and selfies, the handset features a 5-MP camera sensor. It is backed by a Non-removable Li-Ion 5,000mAh battery.
What is the Resurrection Remix?
Resurrection Remix is a custom ROM based on AOSP source code which means that its UI is no different from stock Android on the Pixel phones. The ROM brings many new features from popular custom ROM like Lineage OS, Slim, AOKP, Paranoid Android and many more. Along with all these features, Remix also brings an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and battery life compared to many custom ROM. Here is the quick recap of what’s on Android 10.
What’s on Android 10 (Q)?
Google has officially unveiled the latest version of Android OS called Android 10. The update is already going live for Pixel series devices. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Steps to Install Resurrection Remix on Zenfone Max Pro M2:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported device: Zenfone Max Pro M2
- Charge your phone: Make sure to charge before upgrading your device to at least 50% or more.
- USB Drivers: Download Asus USB Drivers
- RR Flashable Zip file: Download Here
- Download Any Gapps File:
- List of Best Custom ROM for Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 [Updated]
- How To Install TWRP Recovery On Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 and Root with Magisk/SU
- Download and Install Lineage OS 18 on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 (Android 11)
- Download And Install AOSP Android 11 for Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2
- Common Asus Zenfone Max M2 Problems and Fixes – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
Instructions to Install
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Zenfone Max Pro M2.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Zenfone Max Pro M2.
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Zenfone Max Pro M2.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on the Install Button on your TWRP menu
- Look for the installation zip file in the internal storage [ROM and Gapps]
- First, install the ROM by tapping on the Resurrection Remix zip file
- Now swipe to confirm the flash and that’s it! You have successfully flashed the Resurrection Remix on your Zenfone Max Pro M2.
- Now flash the Gapps zip file by tapping the Install button again and select the Gapps zip file
- You can now reboot to enjoy Resurrection Remix ROM on Zenfone Max Pro M2.
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU root or you can try Magisk root.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Resurrection Remix on Zenfone Max Pro M2 successfully. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.