Huawei Honor 9 Lite was launched in December 2017 which came out of the box with Android 8.0 Oreo. Here we will guide on how to download and install Resurrection Remix on Honor 9 Lite which is currently based on Android 9.0 Pie. The update brings all new Android Pie feature and software version bumps to RR 7.x.x.
Resurrection Remix is one of the popular aftermarket custom ROM for any Android device out there. After Android Oreo update, Resurrection is back with the new version based on Android 9.0 Pie known as Resurrection Remix 7.x.x or RR 7.x.x. The update is currently live for Honor 9 Lite and few other devices. Now you can install the Resurrection Remix on Honor 9 Lite by following our guide given below.
To install Resurrection Remix on Honor 9 Lite, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new Resurrection Remix on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of Resurrection Remix ROM.
Huawei Honor 9 Lite features a 5.65 inches IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels. The smartphone is powered by Octa-core 4×2.36 GHz Cortex-A53 HiSilicon Kirin 659 processor coupled with 3/4GB of RAM. The phone packs 32/64GB internal memory which can also be expanded upto 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Huawei Honor 9 Lite comes with dual 13 MP + 2 MP, phase detection autofocus, LED flash, HDR, panorama and 13 MP + 2MP front shooting camera.
Table of Contents
What is the Resurrection Remix?
Resurrection Remix is a custom ROM based on AOSP source code which means that its UI is no different from stock Android on the Pixel phones. The ROM brings many new features from popular custom ROM like Lineage OS, Slim, AOKP, Paranoid Android and many more. Along with all these features, Remix also brings an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and battery life compared to many custom ROM. Here is the quick recap of what’s on Android 9.0 Pie.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Watch The Video about What’s on Android 9.0 Pie.
Steps to Install Resurrection Remix on Honor 9 Lite:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported device: Honor 9 Lite
- Charge your phone: Make sure to charge before upgrading your device to at least 50% or more.
- USB Drivers: Download Huawei USB Drivers
- RR Flashable Zip file: Download Here
- Download Any Gapps File:
- Huawei Honor 9 Lite Stock Firmware Collections [Back to Stock ROM/Unbrick]
- Common Huawei Honor 9 Lite Problems and Fixes – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
- How to Install TWRP Recovery on Huawei Honor 9 Lite (Rooting Included)
- List of Best Custom ROM for Honor 9 Lite [Updated]
- Download and Install AOSP Android 10 Q for Honor 9 Lite
Instructions to Install
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Honor 9 Lite.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Honor 9 Lite.
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Honor 9 Lite.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on the Install Button on your TWRP menu
- Look for the installation zip file in the internal storage [ROM and Gapps]
- First, install the ROM by tapping on the Resurrection Remix zip file
- Now swipe to confirm the flash and that’s it! You have successfully flashed the Resurrection Remix on your Honor 9 Lite.
- Now flash the Gapps zip file by tapping the Install button again and select the Gapps zip file
- You can now reboot to enjoy Resurrection Remix ROM on Honor 9 Lite.
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU root or you can try Magisk root.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Resurrection Remix on Honor 9 Lite successfully. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.