Lenovo Z6 Youth aka Lenovo Z6 Lite was launched in May 2019. The smartphone came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie. Here we will guide on how to download and install Resurrection Remix on Lenovo Z6 Youth which is currently based on Android 9.0 Pie. The update brings all new Android Pie feature and software version bumps to RR 7.0. Full Credits to Developer tupolev78 for sharing the Build of Resurrection Remix GSI for Lenovo Z6 Youth.
GSI stands for a Generic System image. The moniker “Generic” implies that such software images could be installed on any Treble-enabled device, irrespective of the manufacturer they belong to. We already shared the complete list of devices supported for Android Pie 9.0 Generic System image (GSI).
Resurrection Remix is one of the popular aftermarket custom ROM for any Android device out there. After Android Oreo update, Resurrection is back with the new version based on Android 9.0 Pie known as Resurrection Remix 7 or RR 7.0. The update is currently live for Lenovo Z6 Youth and a few other devices. Now you can install the Resurrection Remix on Lenovo Z6 Youth by following our guide given below.
To install Resurrection Remix on Lenovo Z6 Youth, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on the latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new Resurrection Remix on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of Resurrection Remix ROM.
Lenovo Z6 Youth is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 chipset coupled with 4/6GB of RAM and 64/128GB of internal storage. It also supports an external memory card. The device came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie and backed by a 4050 mAh battery (Non-removable). nAs far as the camera concerned, the device has a Triple-camera setup with 16MP + 8MP + 5MP primary sensors and a selfie camera with an 16MP lens. Other connectivity option includes 4G-VoLTE, GPS, Glonass, Bluetooth, Mobile Hotspot, accelerometer, ambient light sensor, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and compass/ magnetometer. etc. The Lenovo Z6 Youth come with a rear fingerprint sensor feature.
Table of Contents
What is the Resurrection Remix?
Resurrection Remix is a custom ROM based on AOSP source code which means that its UI is no different from stock Android on the Pixel phones. The ROM brings many new features from popular custom ROM like Lineage OS, Slim, AOKP, Paranoid Android and many more. Along with all these features, Remix also brings an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and battery life compared to many custom ROM. Here is the quick recap of what’s on Android 9.0 Pie.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
- How To Install Official Stock ROM On Lenovo Z6 Youth (Firmware File)
- Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP Recovery and Root Lenovo Z6 Youth
- Download and Install MIUI 10 On Lenovo Z6 Youth
- List of Best Custom ROM for Lenovo Z6 Youth [Updated]
- How to Install Lineage OS 17.1 for Lenovo Z6 Youth (Android 10 Q)
Steps to Install Resurrection Remix on Lenovo Z6 Youth:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported device: Lenovo Z6 Youth
- Charge your phone: Make sure to charge before upgrading your device to at least 50% or more.
- USB Drivers: Download Lenovo USB Drivers.
- RR Flashable Zip file: Download
- Download Any Gapps File:
- Download ADB and Fastboot tool [via ADB Sideload Method]
Method 1: Install via TWRP Recovery
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your device.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Lenovo Z6 Youth.
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt your Lenovo Z6 Youth for once.
- You can now extract the GSI and move the image file to internal storage of your device [Complete Guide on How to extract any Zip file on Android devices.]
- Now reboot your phone into TWRP Recovery and Swipe Allow Modifications (Appears for the first time only)
- Once you are in TWRP Recovery, first of all. Take a complete backup of stock or custom ROM using TWRP.
- Now wipe the cache, data, and system before flashing the Resurrection Remix 7.0 on Lenovo Z6 Youth.
- To Wipe data: Go to Wipe —> Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik/ART cache, cache, System, Vendor, and Data and then swipe to wipe. [su_note note_color=”#fef0ef” text_color=”#000000″]Warning: Make sure not to select Internal storage[/su_note]
- Now you can install the System image file in TWRP: Install -> Install Image -> select system.img
- Now flash the Gapps zip file by tapping the Install button and select the Gapps zip file
- You can now reboot to enjoy Resurrection Remix ROM on Lenovo Z6 Youth.
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU root or you can try Magisk root.
- That’s it! Reboot and enjoy!
Method 2: Install via ADB Sideload
I hope this guide was helpful to install the Resurrection Remix on Lenovo Z6 Youth based on Project Treble GSI images.
If this method doesn’t work, then go to the Resurrection Remix 7.0 GSI thread in XDA and report your issue.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Resurrection Remix on Lenovo Z6 Youth successfully. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.