Motorola Moto E5 Play (codename: james) launched in April 2018. The smartphone came out of the box with Android 8.0 Oreo. If you love custom ROM, then you may have heard about Resurrection Remix. Finally, It’s official for Moto E5 Play! Resurrection Remix based on Android 8.1 Oreo started rolling for few supported devices. You can now install Resurrection Remix Oreo on Motorola Moto E5 Play (james).
If we speak about the specifications, Moto E5 Play features a 5.2 -inches display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1440 pixels. The smartphone is powered by 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53 Quad-core Qualcomm MSM8917 Snapdragon 425 coupled with 2GB of RAM and Adreno 308 GPU. The phone packs 16GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Moto E5 Play comes with 8MP (f/2.0) phase detection autofocus, dual-LED dual-tone flash camera and 5MP front shooting camera with LED flash.
Full Credits to XDA Senior member Fersho for sharing this ROM on XDA forum. Also Thanks to Resurrection Remix team and community.
Now you can install Resurrection Remix Oreo on Motorola Moto E5 Play by following our guide below. The guide is simple and easy. To flash this ROM, you need TWRP Recovery on your phone. If your phone is running TWRP, then you can simply download and flash the Resurrection Remix Oreo on Motorola Moto E5 Play (james).
Table of Contents
What is a Resurrection Remix?
Resurrection Remix is a custom ROM based on AOSP source code which means that its UI is no different from stock Android on the Pixel phones. The ROM brings many new features from popular custom ROM like Lineage OS, Slim, AOKP, Paranoid Android and many more. Along with all these features, Remix also brings an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and battery life compared to many custom ROM. Here is the quick recap of what’s on Android 8.1 Oreo.
What’s on Android 8.1 Oreo?
As you’d expect, Android 8.1 Oreo is the latest update of Android Oreo. It is an incremental update that builds out some of the new features found in the first version of Oreo, but there’s plenty worth checking out. This doesn’t mean Android 8.1 doesn’t include the new feature because it does. Here are all the features of Android Oreo [8.0/8.1]
Features of Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels (8.0)
- Picture In A Picture (8.0)
- Multi-Display Support (8.0)
- Keyboard Navigation (8.0)
- Background Limits (8.0)
- New Wi-Fi Features (8.0)
- Better Icons (8.0)
- Autofill (8.0)
- Cheeseburger Emoji (8.1)
- Neural Networks API (8.1)
- Pixel Visual Core co-processing technology to third-party developers (8.1)
- and many more
- Here are the Top 10 Features of Android 8.0 Oreo.
[su_note note_color=”#fff2fc” text_color=”#000000″]Here is the full list of Resurrection Remix Oreo supported devices. We have already shared both Lineage OS 15.1 and Lineage OS 15.0 based on Android Oreo. In case if you still want to enjoy or downgrade to Nougat, then check out our complete list of Lineage OS 14.1 based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat.[/su_note]
Steps to Install Resurrection Remix Oreo on Motorola Moto E5 Play
To install the ROM on your phone, first, you need to install TWRP Recovery. Then download and move the ROM zip file to Moto E5 Play.
Download Required Files:
Download Resurrection Remix: Click Here (Link Broken)
Gapps working on RR OS with the img that include the Gapps, but I’m not pretty sure If they work because of installing the image over stock ROM, and then I flash the fix given below, after flashing the image (try by yourself)
- Supported device name: Motorola Moto E5 Play (james)
- Charge your phone: Make sure to charge your phone before performing any modification.
- Drivers: Download Motorola USB Drivers.
- Unlock The Bootloader: You need to unlock the bootloader of your Moto E5 Play [This will wipe the data, so take care of your internal storege]
- TWRP Recovery: Install TWRP Recovery on Moto E5 Play
- Lineage OS 15: To enjoy GSI treble build, you must first download the supported treble build like Lineage OS 15.1 [you can install over stock without a problem. I’ve tested]
- Complete backup: Whenever you start messing with Android’s system–rooting, flashing custom ROMs, and so on–you should first make a nandroid backup in TWRP. That way, if anything goes wrong, you can restore your phone to its pre-broken state.
Method 1: Install via TWRP Recovery
- First of all, make sure to download and move all the above required ROM packages on your Motorola Moto E5 Play Internal storage.
- Now reboot your phone into TWRP Recovery and Swipe Allow Modifications (Appears for the first time only)
- Once you are in TWRP Recovery, first of all. Take a complete backup of stock or custom ROM using TWRP.
- Now wipe the cache, data, and system before flashing the Resurrection Remix on Moto E5 Play (james).
- To Wipe data: Go to Wipe —> Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik/ART cache, cache, and Data and then swipe to wipe. [su_note note_color=”#fef0ef” text_color=”#000000″]Warning: Make sure not to select Internal storage[/su_note]
- Now you can install the System image file in TWRP: Install -> Install Image -> select system.img
- That’s it! Reboot and enjoy!
Method 2: Install via ADB Sideload
I hope this guide was helpful to install the Resurrection Remix on Moto E5 Play (james) based on Project Treble GSI images.
If this method doesn’t work, then go to the Resurrection Remix Phh-Treble thread in XDA and report your issue.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Resurrection Remix Oreo on Motorola Moto E5 Play. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.