Motorola Moto G 2014 (titan/thea) was launched in September 2014. The phone came out of the box with Android 4.4.4 KitKat. Here we will guide on how to download and install Resurrection Remix on Moto G 2014 which is currently based on Android 9.0 Pie. The update brings all new Android Pie feature and software version bumps to RR 7.0. Full Credits to Member thedeadfish59 for sharing the Build of Resurrection Remix for Moto G 2014.
Resurrection Remix is one of the popular aftermarket custom ROM for any Android device out there. After Android Oreo update, Resurrection is back with the new version based on Android 9.0 Pie known as Resurrection Remix 7 or RR 7.0. The update is currently live for Moto G 2014 and few other devices. Now you can install the Resurrection Remix on Moto G 2014 by following our guide given below.
To install Resurrection Remix on Moto G 2014, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new Resurrection Remix on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of Resurrection Remix ROM.
Motorola Moto G 2014 is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 632 chipset coupled with 3GB of RAM and 32/64GB of internal storage. It also supports an external memory card. The device came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie and backed by a 5000 mAh battery (Non-removable). As far as the camera concerned, the device has a single-camera setup with 12MP primary sensors and a selfie camera with an 8MP lens. Other connectivity option includes 4G-VoLTE, GPS, Glonass, Bluetooth, Mobile Hotspot, accelerometer, ambient light sensor, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and compass/ magnetometer. etc. The Motorola Moto G 2014 come with a rear fingerprint sensor feature.
Table of Contents
What is the Resurrection Remix?
Resurrection Remix is a custom ROM based on AOSP source code which means that its UI is no different from stock Android on the Pixel phones. The ROM brings many new features from popular custom ROM like Lineage OS, Slim, AOKP, Paranoid Android and many more. Along with all these features, Remix also brings an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and battery life compared to many custom ROM. Here is the quick recap of what’s on Android 9.0 Pie.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Watch The Video about What’s on Android 9.0 Pie.
Steps to Install Resurrection Remix on Moto G 2014:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported device: Moto G 2014
- Charge your phone: Make sure to charge before upgrading your device to at least 50% or more.
- USB Drivers: Download Motorola USB Dtitan/theas
- RR Flashable Zip file: Download Here (titan)
- RR Flashable Zip file: Download Here (thea)
- Download Any Gapps File:
- Download and Install Lineage OS 17.1 for Moto G 2014 based on Android 10 Q
- Download and Install AOSP Android 10 Q for Moto G 2014
- How To Root And Install TWRP Recovery For Moto G 2014
- List of Best Custom ROM for Motorola Moto G 2014 (titan/thea)
Instructions to Install
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Moto G 2014.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Moto G 2014.
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Moto G 2014.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on the Install Button on your TWRP menu
- Look for the installation zip file in the internal storage [ROM and Gapps]
- First, install the ROM by tapping on the Resurrection Remix zip file
- Now swipe to confirm the flash and that’s it! You have successfully flashed the Resurrection Remix on your Moto G 2014.
- Now flash the Gapps zip file by tapping the Install button again and select the Gapps zip file
- You can now reboot to enjoy Resurrection Remix ROM on Moto G 2014.
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU root or you can try Magisk root.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Resurrection Remix on Moto G 2014 successfully. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.