Nokia 6.1 2018 (Plate2) launched in January 2018. The handset came with Android 8.1 Oreo. Here we will guide on how to download and install Resurrection Remix on Nokia 6.1 2018 which is currently based on Android 10 Q. The update brings all new Android Pie features and software version bumps to RR 8.x.x.
Resurrection Remix is one of the popular aftermarket custom ROM for any Android device out there. After the Android 9.0 Pie update, Resurrection is back with the new version based on Android 10 known as Resurrection Remix 8.x.x or RR 8.x.x. The update is currently live for Nokia 6.1 2018 and few other devices. Now you can install the Resurrection Remix on Nokia 6.1 2018 by following our guide given below.
To install Resurrection Remix on Nokia 6.1 2018, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on the latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new Resurrection Remix on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of Resurrection Remix ROM.
Nokia 6.1 2018 comes with a 5.8-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 by 2280 pixels. The device is powered by an octa-core processor and is coupled with 4 GB of RAM. Nokia 6.1 2018 weights only 151 grams despite its large screen size. The device got a full day battery life with 3060 mAh battery. Talking about the camera department, it has a 16-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 16-megapixel front shooter for selfies.
Table of Contents
What is the Resurrection Remix?
Resurrection Remix is a custom ROM based on AOSP source code which means that its UI is no different from stock Android on the Pixel phones. The ROM brings many new features from popular custom ROM like Lineage OS, Slim, AOKP, Paranoid Android and many more. Along with all these features, Remix also brings an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and battery life compared to many custom ROM. Here is the quick recap of what’s on Android 10.
What’s on Android 10 (Q)?
Google has officially unveiled the latest version of Android OS called Android 10. The update is already going live for Pixel series devices. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quPlate2ty, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Steps to Install Resurrection Remix on Nokia 6.1 2018:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, Drivers and things to start with.
- Supported device: Nokia 6.1 2018
- Charge your phone: Make sure to charge before upgrading your device to at least 50% or more.
- USB Drivers: Download Nokia USB Drivers
- RR Flashable Zip file: Download Here
- Download Any Gapps File:
- List of Best Custom ROM for Nokia 6.1 2018 [Updated]
- How to Install TWRP Recovery on Nokia 6.1 (Nokia 6 2018) and Root
- How to Install Stock ROM on Nokia 6.1 2018 [Firmware Flash File]
- Download and Install Lineage OS 17.1 for Nokia 6.1 2018 based on Android 10 Q
- Download and install AOSP Android 10 Q ROM for Nokia 6.1 2018
Instructions to Install
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Nokia 6.1 2018.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Nokia 6.1 2018.
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Nokia 6.1 2018.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on the Install Button on your TWRP menu
- Look for the installation zip file in the internal storage [ROM and Gapps]
- First, install the ROM by tapping on the Resurrection Remix zip file
- Now swipe to confirm the flash and that’s it! You have successfully flashed the Resurrection Remix on your Nokia 6.1 2018.
- Now flash the Gapps zip file by tapping the Install button again and select the Gapps zip file
- You can now reboot to enjoy Resurrection Remix ROM on Nokia 6.1 2018.
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU root or you can try Magisk root.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Resurrection Remix on Nokia 6.1 2018 successfully. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.