Elephone U Pro was launched in February 2018. The smartphone came out of the box with Android 8.0 Oreo. If you love custom ROM, then you may have heard about Resurrection Remix. Finally, It’s available for Elephone U Pro device now! This ROM is currently built by using the Resurrection Remix GSI build which is based on Android 8.1 Oreo. You can now install Resurrection Remix on Elephone U Pro.
Elephone U Pro features a 5.99-inch IPS display with a screen resolution of 2160 x 1080 Pixels. It is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 660, 64-bit Processor coupled with 4/6GB of RAM. The phone packs 64/128GB internal memory with an expandable storage support of 128GB via microSD card. The camera on the Elephone U Pro comes with a dual 13MP + 13MP rear camera with dual-LED dual-tone flash and 8MP front camera for selfies. It is backed by a Non-removable Li-Po 2000 mAh battery. Elephone U Pro also has a fingerprint sensor on the back.
Full Credits to XDA Senior member Laptapper for sharing this ROM on XDA forum. Also Thanks to Resurrection Remix team and community.
Now you can install Resurrection Remix on Elephone U Pro by following our guide below. The guide is simple and easy. To flash this ROM, you need TWRP Recovery on your phone. If your phone is running TWRP, then you can simply download and flash the Resurrection Remix on Elephone U Pro .
What is Resurrection Remix?
Resurrection Remix is a custom ROM based on AOSP source code which means that its UI is no different from stock Android on the Pixel phones. The ROM brings many new features from popular custom ROM like Lineage OS, Slim, AOKP, Paranoid Android and many more. Along with all these features, Remix also brings an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and battery life compared to many custom ROM. Here is the quick recap of what’s on Android 8.1 Oreo.
What’s on Android 8.1 Oreo?
As you’d expect, Android 8.1 Oreo is the latest update of Android Oreo. It is an incremental update that builds out some of the new features found in the first version of Oreo, but there’s plenty worth checking out. This doesn’t mean Android 8.1 doesn’t include the new feature because it does. Here are all the features of Android Oreo [8.0/8.1]
Features of Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels (8.0)
- Picture In A Picture (8.0)
- Multi-Display Support (8.0)
- Keyboard Navigation (8.0)
- Background Limits (8.0)
- New Wi-Fi Features (8.0)
- Better Icons (8.0)
- Autofill (8.0)
- Cheeseburger Emoji (8.1)
- Neural Networks API (8.1)
- Pixel Visual Core co-processing technology to third-party developers (8.1)
- and many more
- Here are the Top 10 Features of Android 8.0 Oreo.
Steps to Install Resurrection Remix on Elephone U Pro
To install the ROM on your phone, first, you need to install TWRP Recovery. Then download and move the ROM zip file to Elephone U Pro.Watch The Latest Resurrection Remix Video
Required ROM and Gapps Package:
- Supported device: Elephone U Pro
- Note: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- USB Drivers: Download Elephone USB Drivers on your PC.
- Take A Full backUP: (You can try any backup method given below)
How to backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
How to backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium backup
How to backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to unlock the bootloader on any MediaTek device
- TWRP Recovery: Steps to Install Elephone U Pro TWRP Recovery
- Download ADB and Fastboot Zip file
- Nandroid backup: If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid backup via TWRP
- Clear Cache and Dalvik Cache: Perform a Dalvik Cache wipe before proceeding from the Recovery Mode.
Disclaimer: We are at GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your phone while/after installing this ROM.