Huawei Honor View 10 (codename: berkeley) launched in December 2017. The phone came out of the box with Android 8.0 Oreo. In case if you love custom ROM, then you may have heard about Resurrection Remix. Finally, It’s official now! Resurrection Remix based on Android 8.1 Oreo started rolling for few supported devices. You can now install Resurrection Remix Oreo on Honor View 10 (berkeley).
Talking about the specifications, Honor View 10 features a 5.9-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels. It is powered by Hisilicon Kirin 970 processor coupled with 4/6GB of RAM. The phone packs 64/128GB internal memory. The camera on the Honor View 10 comes with Dual 16 + 20MP and 13MP front shooting camera. It is backed by a Non-removable Li-Po 3750 mAh battery with Fast battery charging 5V/4.5A (58% in 30 min). It also has Fingerprint sensor in the front.
What is Project Treble?
Project Treble is Google’s brainchild. It came into existence to solve the ever pertaining slow system updates. OEM specific OS updates are sometimes even slower. Most of the times you can see users complaining of not getting the update in time. Google’s Project Treble will put the OS framework separate from the vendor’s implementations. Manufacturers will be able to provide latest system updates by updating the OS framework. Treble has now been integrated with Android Oreo 8.0. It’s mandatory for all the Android 8.0 based devices to have it.
How to Install Resurrection Remix Oreo on Honor View 10 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
Resurrection Remix is a custom ROM based on AOSP source code which means that its UI is no different from stock Android on the Pixel phones. The ROM brings many new features from popular custom ROM like Lineage OS, Slim, AOKP, Paranoid Android and many more. Along with all these features, Remix also brings an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and battery life compared to many custom ROM.
Now you can install Resurrection Remix Oreo on Honor View 10 by following our guide below. The guide is simple and easy. To flash this ROM, you need TWRP Recovery on your phone. If your phone is running TWRP, then you can simply download and flash the Resurrection Remix Oreo on Honor View 10 (berkeley). Like we said, The ROM is based on Android Oreo which is the 8th major version of the Android mobile operating system after the release of Android Nougat. The latest features of Android Oreo includes New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and much more. Here is the Top 10 Features of Android 8.0 Oreo.
[su_note note_color=”#fff2fc” text_color=”#000000″]Here is the full list of Resurrection Remix Oreo supported devices. We have already shared both Lineage OS 15.1 and Lineage OS 15.0 based on Android Oreo. In case if you still want to enjoy or downgrade to Nougat, then check out our complete list of Lineage OS 14.1 based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat.[/su_note]Watch The Latest Resurrection Remix Video
Required ROM FILES
- List of Best Custom ROM for Huawei Honor View 10 [Updated]
- Huawei Honor View 10 Stock Firmware Collections
- How To Root and Install TWRP Recovery On Honor View 10
- Download and Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Huawei Honor View 10
- How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 for Huawei Honor View 10 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- This will work on Honor View 10 (Don’t Try this in Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will lose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup or backup complete without Root
- Download ADB and Fastboot Tool on Windows and Mac
- Make sure, that you have already FRP and Unlocked Bootloader.
- Backup the system partition, in case if you want to roll back to EMUI 8.0 later.
How to Backup System Partition?
Before installing Resurrection Remix Oreo on Honor View 10, we recommend you to follow the system partition backup procedure.
- First of all, install Root Honor View 10 Using Magisk Manager
- Now connect the device to PC using USB Cable.
- Install ADB Drivers and Open the Command window
- Type the following command,
adb shell su dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/system of=/storage/emulated/0/system.img
- Copy system.img to your desktop :
adb pull storage/emulated/0/system.img
- Whenever you want to go back to stock EMUI, put your device in bootloader mode and type :
fastboot flash system system.img
- It may require also a factory reset into recovery!
- parse system image from BKL-L09 B130 (C432) : BKL-C432B130_system .img
Instructions to Install Honor View 10 Resurrection Remix Oreo :
- First of all, Unlock Bootloader on Honor View 10
- Go to Recovery and perform “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe cache partition”
- Connect your phone to computer using USB Cable
- Now flash the system image via fastboot mode.
- Download the ADB fastboot tool on your computer
- Move the system image into adb fastboot extracted folder.
- Open the ADB fastboot folder, Open the command window, by pressing the shift key and right mouse click on the folder blank space.
- Type the following command to flash the system image:
fastboot flash system system.img
- Now boot into Stock Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery or you can type the following command
- Perform a factory reset and enjoy the Resurrection Remix Oreo on Honor View 10.
Check Popular Post
- OmniROM Oreo: List of Supported devices
- CrDroid OS – List of Supported Devices Official/Unofficial
- List of AICP 13.1 Supported device [Android Ice Cold Project 13.1 Review]
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- List of MIUI 9 Supported Devices – Official and Unofficial
- List of All AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
Find all Android 8.0 Oreo Tips and Tricks to enable picture in picture feature WiFi issue and Other Most advanced features, tricks, and tips.
[su_button url="https://www.getdroidtips.com/tag/android-8-0-oreo-tips/" target="blank" style="flat" background="#3b4193" color="#ffffff" size="7" center="yes" icon="icon: check-square-o" text_shadow="0px 0px 0px #fa6512"]Click To Find More Tips and Tricks[/su_button]
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Resurrection Remix Oreo on Honor View 10. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
Credit goes to: surdu_petru