Motorola Moto E 2015 (surnia) was launched in February 2015. The phone came out of the box with Android 5.1 Lollipop and later upgrade to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Here we will guide on how to download and install Resurrection Remix on Moto E 2015 which is currently based on Android 9.0 Pie. The update brings all new Android Pie feature and software version bumps to RR 7.0. Full Credits to Member turbolukex5 for sharing the Build of Resurrection Remix for Moto E 2015.
Resurrection Remix is one of the popular aftermarket custom ROM for any Android device out there. After Android Oreo update, Resurrection is back with the new version based on Android 9.0 Pie known as Resurrection Remix 7 or RR 7.0. The update is currently live for Moto E 2015 and few other devices. Now you can install the Resurrection Remix on Moto E 2015 by following our guide given below.
To install Resurrection Remix on Moto E 2015, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new Resurrection Remix on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of Resurrection Remix ROM.
Table of Contents
What is the Resurrection Remix?
Resurrection Remix is a custom ROM based on AOSP source code which means that its UI is no different from stock Android on the Pixel phones. The ROM brings many new features from popular custom ROM like Lineage OS, Slim, AOKP, Paranoid Android and many more. Along with all these features, Remix also brings an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and battery life compared to many custom ROM. Here is the quick recap of what’s on Android 9.0 Pie.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Watch The Video about What’s on Android 9.0 Pie.
Steps to Install Resurrection Remix on Moto E 2015:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported device: Moto E 2015
- Charge your phone: Make sure to charge before upgrading your device to at least 50% or more.
- USB Drivers: Download Motorola USB Drivers
- RR Flashable Zip file: Download Here
- Download Any Gapps File:
- Download Official Lineage OS 17.1 for Motorola Moto E 2015 based on Android 10 Q
- How To Root And Install TWRP Recovery For Moto E 2015 (surnia/otus/otus)
- Download And Install AOSP Android 11 for Motorola Moto E 2015
Instructions to Install
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Moto E 2015.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Moto E 2015.
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Moto E 2015.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on the Install Button on your TWRP menu
- Look for the installation zip file in the internal storage [ROM and Gapps]
- First, install the ROM by tapping on the Resurrection Remix zip file
- Now swipe to confirm the flash and that’s it! You have successfully flashed the Resurrection Remix on your Moto E 2015.
- Now flash the Gapps zip file by tapping the Install button again and select the Gapps zip file
- You can now reboot to enjoy Resurrection Remix ROM on Moto E 2015.
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU root or you can try Magisk root.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Resurrection Remix on Moto E 2015 successfully. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.