Google Pixel XL (Codename: marlin) smartphone was launched in October 2016. The phone came out of the box with Android 7.1 Nougat and later upgrade to Android 9.0 Pie. Here we will guide on how to download and install Resurrection Remix on Google Pixel XL (codenamed: marlin) which is currently based on Android 9.0 Pie. The update brings all new Android Pie feature and software version bumps to RR 7.0. Full Credits to Joe pacino for sharing the Build of Resurrection Remix for Google Pixel XL.
Resurrection Remix is one of the popular aftermarket custom ROM for any Android device out there. After Android Oreo update, Resurrection is back with the new version based on Android 9.0 Pie known as Resurrection Remix 7 or RR 7.0. The update is currently live for Google Pixel XL and few other devices. Now you can install the Resurrection Remix on Google Pixel XL by following our guide given below.
To install Resurrection Remix on Google Pixel XL (marlin), your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new Resurrection Remix on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of Resurrection Remix ROM.
Talking about the specifications, Google Pixel XL features a 5.5-inches display with a screen resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels. It is powered by Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 821 processor coupled with 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 32/128GB internal memory. The camera on the Google Pixel XL comes with 12.3MP and 8MP front shooting camera. It is backed by a Non-removable Li-Ion 3450 mAh battery with Fast battery charging. It also has Fingerprint sensor on the back.
What is the Resurrection Remix?
Resurrection Remix is a custom ROM based on AOSP source code which means that its UI is no different from stock Android on the Pixel phones. The ROM brings many new features from popular custom ROM like Lineage OS, Slim, AOKP, Paranoid Android and many more. Along with all these features, Remix also brings an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and battery life compared to many custom ROM. Here is the quick recap of what’s on Android 9.0 Pie.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Watch The Video about What’s on Android 9.0 Pie.
Steps to Install Resurrection Remix on Google Pixel XL (marlin):
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.Watch Resurrection Remix Pie Video Review
- Supported device: Google Pixel XL [marlin]
- Charge your phone: Make sure to charge before upgrading your device to at least 50% or more.
- USB Drivers: Download Google USB Drivers.
- RR Flashable Zip file: Download Here
- Download Any Gapps File:
- How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 for Google Pixel XL (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- How To Install TWRP Recovery On Pixel and Pixel XL
- List of Best Custom ROM for Google Pixel and Pixel XL [Updated]
- How to Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Google Pixel XL
- Update Resurrection Remix Oreo on Google Pixel XL (Android 8.1 Oreo)
Instructions to Install
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Google Pixel XL.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Google Pixel XL.
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Google Pixel XL.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on the Install Button on your TWRP menu
- Look for the installation zip file in the internal storage [ROM and Gapps]
- First, install the ROM by tapping on the Resurrection Remix zip file
- Now swipe to confirm the flash and that’s it! You have successfully flashed the Resurrection Remix on your Google Pixel XL.
- Now flash the Gapps zip file by tapping the Install button again and select the Gapps zip file
- You can now reboot to enjoy Resurrection Remix ROM on Google Pixel XL.
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU root or you can try Magisk root.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Resurrection Remix on Google Pixel XL successfully. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.