Here we will guide on how to download and install Resurrection Remix on Wileyfox Swift (codenamed crackling) which is currently based on Android 9.0 Pie. The update brings all new Android Pie feature and software version bumps to RR 7.0. Full Credits to XDA Senior member robin0800 for sharing the Official Build of Resurrection Remix for Wileyfox Swift.
Resurrection Remix is one of the popular aftermarket custom ROM for any Android device out there. After Android Oreo update, Resurrection is back with the new version based on Android 9.0 Pie known as Resurrection Remix 7 or RR 7.0. The update is currently live for Wileyfox Swift and few other devices. Now you can install the Resurrection Remix on Wileyfox Swift by following our guide given below.
To install Resurrection Remix on Wileyfox Swift (crackling), your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on the latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new Resurrection Remix on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of Resurrection Remix ROM.
Let’s get to know some of the specifications for the device. Wileyfox Swift comes with a 5-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. The device is powered by an octa-core processor and is coupled with 2 GB of RAM. Wileyfox Swift weights only 155 grams despite its large screen size. The device got a full day battery life with 2500 mAh battery. Talking about the camera department, it has a 13-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 5-megapixel front shooter for selfies.
What is the Resurrection Remix?
Resurrection Remix is a custom ROM based on AOSP source code which means that its UI is no different from stock Android on the Pixel phones. The ROM brings many new features from popular custom ROM like Lineage OS, Slim, AOKP, Paranoid Android and many more. Along with all these features, Remix also brings an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and battery life compared to many custom ROM. Here is the quick recap of what’s on Android 9.0 Pie.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
- How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 for Wileyfox Swift (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- How To Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat On Wileyfox Swift
- Download and Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Wileyfox Swift
- List of Best Custom ROM for Wileyfox Swift [Updated]
- How to Root And Install Official TWRP Recovery For Wileyfox Swift
Steps to Install Resurrection Remix on Wileyfox Swift (crackling):
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported device: Wileyfox Swift [crackling]
- Charge your phone: Make sure to charge before upgrading your device to at least 50% or more.
- USB Drivers: Download Wileyfox USB Drivers.
- RR Flashable Zip file: Download Here
- Download Any Gapps File:
Instructions to Install
- First of all, Make sure to take a backup of your device data.
- You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Wileyfox Swift.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Wileyfox Swift.
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Wileyfox Swift.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on the Install Button on your TWRP menu
- Look for the installation zip file in the internal storage [ROM and Gapps]
- First, install the ROM by tapping on the Resurrection Remix zip file
- Now swipe to confirm the flash and that’s it! You have successfully flashed the Resurrection Remix on your Wileyfox Swift.
- Now flash the Gapps zip file by tapping the Install button again and select the Gapps zip file
- You can now reboot to enjoy Resurrection Remix ROM on Wileyfox Swift.
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU root or you can try Magisk root.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Resurrection Remix on Wileyfox Swift successfully. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.