Lenovo ZUK Z2 Pro (z2_row) was launched in April 2016. The smartphone came out of the box with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Here we will guide on how to download and install Resurrection Remix on ZUK Z2 Pro which is currently based on Android 9.0 Pie. The update brings all new Android Pie feature and software version bumps to RR 7.0.
Resurrection Remix is one of the popular aftermarket custom ROM for any Android device out there. After Android Oreo update, Resurrection is back with the new version based on Android 9.0 Pie known as Resurrection Remix 7 or RR 7.0. The update is currently live for ZUK Z2 Pro and few other devices. Now you can install the Resurrection Remix on ZUK Z2 Pro by following our guide given below.
To install Resurrection Remix on ZUK Z2 Pro, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new Resurrection Remix on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of Resurrection Remix ROM.
Talking about the specifications, Lenovo ZUK Z2 Pro features a 5.2-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. It is powered by Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820 processor coupled with 4/6GB of RAM. The phone packs 64/128GB internal memory. The camera on the Lenovo ZUK Z2 Pro comes with 13MP and 8MP front shooting camera. It is backed by a Non-removable Li-Ion 3100 mAh battery with Fast battery charging (Quick Charge 3.0). It also has a fingerprint sensor on the front.
Table of Contents
What is the Resurrection Remix?
Resurrection Remix is a custom ROM based on AOSP source code which means that its UI is no different from stock Android on the Pixel phones. The ROM brings many new features from popular custom ROM like Lineage OS, Slim, AOKP, Paranoid Android and many more. Along with all these features, Remix also brings an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and battery life compared to many custom ROM. Here is the quick recap of what’s on Android 9.0 Pie.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Watch The Video about What’s on Android 9.0 Pie.
Steps to Install Resurrection Remix on ZUK Z2 Pro:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported device: ZUK Z2 Pro
- Charge your phone: Make sure to charge before upgrading your device to at least 50% or more.
- USB Drivers: Download Lenovo USB Drivers
- RR Flashable Zip file: Download Here
- Download Any Gapps File:
- How to Install Red Wolf Recovery Project on Lenovo Zuk Z2 Pro (z2_row)
- How to Install Official TWRP Recovery on Lenovo Zuk Z2 and Z2 Pro and Root it
- Download AOSPExtended for Lenovo ZUK Z2 Pro based on Android 10 Q
- Download Install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie update for Lenovo ZUK Z2 Pro
Instructions to Install
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your ZUK Z2 Pro.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on ZUK Z2 Pro.
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on ZUK Z2 Pro.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on the Install Button on your TWRP menu
- Look for the installation zip file in the internal storage [ROM and Gapps]
- First, install the ROM by tapping on the Resurrection Remix zip file
- Now swipe to confirm the flash and that’s it! You have successfully flashed the Resurrection Remix on your ZUK Z2 Pro.
- Now flash the Gapps zip file by tapping the Install button again and select the Gapps zip file
- You can now reboot to enjoy Resurrection Remix ROM on ZUK Z2 Pro.
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU root or you can try Magisk root.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Resurrection Remix on ZUK Z2 Pro successfully. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.