Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro (joyeuse) launched in April 2020. The handset came with Android 10 Q. Here we will guide on how to download and install Resurrection Remix on Redmi Note 9 Pro which is currently based on Android 10 Q. The update brings all new Android Q features and software version bumps to RR 8.0. Full Credits to Member id.agung17 for sharing the Build of Resurrection Remix for Redmi Note 9 Pro.
Resurrection Remix is one of the popular aftermarket custom ROM for any Android device out there. After the Android 9.0 Pie update, Resurrection is back with the new version based on Android 10 known as Resurrection Remix 8 or RR 8.0. The update is currently live for Redmi Note 9 Pro and few other devices. Now you can install the Resurrection Remix on Redmi Note 9 Pro by following our guide given below.
To install Resurrection Remix on Redmi Note 9 Pro, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on the latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new Resurrection Remix on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of Resurrection Remix ROM.
Underneath the new Note 9 Pro, it sports the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G with 4GB and 6GB of RAM variants. It is also available in 64GB and 128GB of UFS 2.1 internal storage. Talking about optics, the Redmi Note 9 Pro has a quad rear camera set up with a primary 48MP sensor, 8MP secondary ultra-wide-angle sensor, 5MP tertiary macro sensor, and finally another 2MP depth sensor. To the front, it has a 16MP unit with an f/2.0 aperture value. This front camera sits inside the punch hole which the brand calls as the DotDisplay.
Table of Contents
What is the Resurrection Remix?
Resurrection Remix is a custom ROM based on AOSP source code which means that its UI is no different from stock Android on the Pixel phones. The ROM brings many new features from popular custom ROM like Lineage OS, Slim, AOKP, Paranoid Android and many more. Along with all these features, Remix also brings an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and battery life compared to many custom ROM. Here is the quick recap of what’s on Android 10.
What’s on Android 10 (Q)?
Google has officially unveiled the latest version of Android OS called Android 10. The update is already going live for Pixel series devices. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Steps to Install Resurrection Remix on Redmi Note 9 Pro:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported device: Redmi Note 9 Pro
- Charge your phone: Make sure to charge before upgrading your device to at least 50% or more.
- USB Drivers: Download Xiaomi USB Drivers
- RR Flashable Zip file: Download Here
- Download Any Gapps File:
- Download and Install LineageOS 17.1 for Redmi Note 9 Pro [Android 10]
- How to Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 9 Pro and Root it
- Common Problems in Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro and Solutions – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
- List of Best Custom ROM for Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro [Updated]
- Download and Install AOSP Android 10 Q for Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro
Instructions to Install
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Redmi Note 9 Pro.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 9 Pro.
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Redmi Note 9 Pro.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on the Install Button on your TWRP menu
- Look for the installation zip file in the internal storage [ROM and Gapps]
- First, install the ROM by tapping on the Resurrection Remix zip file
- Now swipe to confirm the flash and that’s it! You have successfully flashed the Resurrection Remix on your Redmi Note 9 Pro.
- Now flash the Gapps zip file by tapping the Install button again and select the Gapps zip file
- You can now reboot to enjoy Resurrection Remix ROM on Redmi Note 9 Pro.
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU root or you can try Magisk root.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Resurrection Remix on Redmi Note 9 Pro successfully. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.