Xiaomi Mi 6X (wayne) was launched in April 2018. The phone came out of the box with Android 8.1 Oreo. Here we will guide on how to download and install Resurrection Remix on Xiaomi Mi 6X (codenamed: wayne) which is currently based on Android 9.0 Pie. The update brings all new Android Pie feature and software version bumps to RR 7.0. Full Credits to ctwoon for sharing the Build of Resurrection Remix for Xiaomi Mi 6X.
Resurrection Remix is one of the popular aftermarket custom ROM for any Android device out there. After Android Oreo update, Resurrection is back with the new version based on Android 9.0 Pie known as Resurrection Remix 7 or RR 7.0. The update is currently live for Xiaomi Mi 6X and few other devices. Now you can install the Resurrection Remix on Xiaomi Mi 6X by following our guide given below.
To install Resurrection Remix on Xiaomi Mi 6X (wayne), your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new Resurrection Remix on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of Resurrection Remix ROM.
The handset features a 5.99-inch LTPS IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels. The display is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3. Xiaomi Mi 6X is powered by octa-core Qualcomm SDM660 Snapdragon 660 processor and clubbed with 6/4GB of RAM. The phone packs 64/128GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 256GB via a microSD card. As far as the cameras are concerned, the Xiaomi Mi 6X packs a Dual 12-MP primary camera on the rear and a 20-MP front shooter for selfies. The Xiaomi Mi 6X runs Android 8.1 Oreo and is powered by a 3010mAh.
What is the Resurrection Remix?
Resurrection Remix is a custom ROM based on AOSP source code which means that its UI is no different from stock Android on the Pixel phones. The ROM brings many new features from popular custom ROM like Lineage OS, Slim, AOKP, Paranoid Android and many more. Along with all these features, Remix also brings an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and battery life compared to many custom ROM. Here is the quick recap of what’s on Android 9.0 Pie.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Watch The Video about What’s on Android 9.0 Pie.
Steps to Install Resurrection Remix on Xiaomi Mi 6X (wayne):
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported device: Xiaomi Mi 6X [wayne]
- Charge your phone: Make sure to charge before upgrading your device to at least 50% or more.
- USB Drivers: Download HTC USB Drivers.
- RR Flashable Zip file: Download Here
- Download Any Gapps File:
- Download Lineage OS 16 on Xiaomi Mi 6X based on Android 9.0 Pie
- Download Install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie update for Xiaomi Mi 6X
- How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 for Xiaomi Mi 6X (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 6X
- List of Best Custom ROM for Xiaomi Mi 6X [Updated]
Instructions to Install
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Xiaomi Mi 6X.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 6X.
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Xiaomi Mi 6X.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on the Install Button on your TWRP menu
- Look for the installation zip file in the internal storage [ROM and Gapps]
- First, install the ROM by tapping on the Resurrection Remix zip file
- Now swipe to confirm the flash and that’s it! You have successfully flashed the Resurrection Remix on your Xiaomi Mi 6X.
- Now flash the Gapps zip file by tapping the Install button again and select the Gapps zip file
- You can now reboot to enjoy Resurrection Remix ROM on Xiaomi Mi 6X.
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU root or you can try Magisk root.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Resurrection Remix on Xiaomi Mi 6X successfully. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.