From this guide, you could download and install the RevengeOS 4.0 based on Android 11 onto your Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 (codenamed X01BD) devices, As soon as Google took off the curtains from the latest stable Android 11 build, many OEMs were quick to jump on this bandwagon. Along the same lines, Asus also started testing the latest update onto its compatible devices. While some are in the internal testing phase, others like Asus Zenfone 7 and 7 Pro have even got a taste of the latest Android 11, albeit in the beta phase.
The Chinese OEM usually provides a year or two of software updates to all its devices. In this regard, the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 has already received its fair share of updates. But if you are ready to step into the custom development, then you could install the latest Android 11 onto your Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 device in the form of RevengeOS ROM. In this guide, we will list out complete installation steps for the same, but first, let’s check out the feature set of this ROM.
Table of Contents
What is RevengeOS
RevengeOS is an AOSP custom ROM whose recent build is based on the latest Android 11. Being a part of the Android Open Source Project, it has incorporated some pretty nifty features, but without compromising on the stability or security front. Hence, a fast, stable, and minimally customized ROM is on the cards. Furthermore, since it is based on the latest Android version, you will be welcoming quite a few new and interesting features.
To begin with, there will be a new conversation section, Chat bubbles, and a native screen recorder. Along the same lines, you could easily change the audio output source right from the media player, which in turn has been moved up to the Quick Settings. Then you could also schedule dark mode, pin favorite apps to share sheets, and make use of a new one-time permission set. You could now get all these Android 11 features onto your Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 device via the RevengeOS 4.0 ROM. Here are the required instructions for the same.
How to Install RevengeOS 4.0 (Android 11) on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 (X01BD)
Before beginning with the installation steps, let’s get you acquainted with the working features and the bugs present in this ROM. After this, we will list out all the required prerequisites. Make sure to go through each of the mentioned requirements and only then proceed with the instructions.
- To begin with, create a complete device backup. This is because you will have to wipe the data partition while flashing this Android 11 ROM onto your Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 (X01BD), this in turn will format your device. So take a backup beforehand.
- Next up, enable USB Debugging on your device so that your PC recognizes your device in USB Mode. To do so, head over to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging.
- Also, download and install the Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC.
- Your device’s bootloader should also be unlocked. If that is not the case, then refer to our guide on How To Unlock Bootloader On Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2.
- Likewise, to flash this Android 11 ROM onto Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2, you should have the TWRP Recovery. If you haven’t installed it yet, then refer to our detailed guide on How to Install Official TWRP Recovery on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2. The guide also holds information relating to rooting. That is optional and hence you could skip that part. Just install the custom recovery using the instructions given in that tutorial, and come back to this guide to install the RevengeOS ROM.
Download RevengeOS 4.0 (Android 11) for Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2
- RevengeOS 4.0 based on Android 11: Download (X01BD). Thanks to XDA Member prigup for the ROM.
- Google Apps package: Android 11 GApps
Once you have downloaded the ROM as well as GApps, transfer both of them to your device’s Internal Storage.
- Connect your device to PC via USB cable. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
- Then head over to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
- Execute the below command to boot your device to TWRP Recovery:
adb reboot recovery
- Once the device boots to TWRP, head over to the Wipe section and tap on Advanced Wipe.
- Select the system, vendor, data, cache, Dalvik partitions, and perform a right swipe to wipe these partitions.
- After this, go back to the Install section, navigate to the RevengeOS 4.0, select it, and perform a right swipe to install it.
- Again go to Install and this time flash the GApps ZIP file.
- Then go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe and this time only wipe the Cache partition.
- Once that is done, go to Reboot and select System. Your device will now boot to the newly installed OS.
With this, we conclude the guide on how to install the RevengeOS 4.0 based on Android 11 onto your Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 device. Do keep in mind that the first boot might take up some time. And once your device boots up, you will have to set it up from scratch as well. Anyway, do share your experiences about this ROM with us in the comments. Rounding off, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Trick that you should check out as well.