New Update Story:
New Update on June 22, 2020: After rolling Android 10 to Realme 5 and 5S, the company rolled June 2020 security patch with software version RMX1911EX_11.C.49.
Updated on May 20, 2020: Realme has started pushing the latest May 2020 Patch for Realme 5 and Realme 5S that comes with a build number of RMX1911EX_11_A.29 based on Android 9.0 Pie. Currently, the firmware OTA (FOTA) update is live for the device globally. So, all the keen Realme 5 and Realme 5S users can easily get the latest update here.
Updated on April 29, 2020: Today Realme rolled April 2020 Security Patch update to Realme 5 and 5s (RMX1911EX) globally. The update labeled with build number RMX1911EX_11.A.28 which is is based on Android 9.0 Pie under ColorOS 6.7. In this guide, you can follow our instructions to install the April 2020 Security Patch for Realme 5/5s.
There are no major changes apart from the security patch level which fixes the vulnerability in the Android OS that can be attacked remotely using arbitrary code easily. We highly recommend you to install the latest patch to secure your Realme 5/5s in the future cyber-attack. You can check for the latest software update by going into device Settings > System > System updates.
Firmware Details: RMX1911EX_11.A.28
- Device Name: Realme 5/5s (RMX1911EX)
- Region: Global
- Build Number: RMX1911EX_11_C.49
- Android OS Version: Android 10
- Software Supported: Recovery Method
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-04-01
Table of Contents
- Updated Android security patch June 2020
- Optimized the speed of pressing power button to light up screen
- Optimized the detention issue of Bluetooth earphones during PUBG
- Optimized fluency of photographic preview interface under portrait mode
- Known issues fixed
- Fixed the probabilistic issue that failed to register VoWiFi
- Fixed the probabilistic issue that black borders shaded the interface during PUBG when the phone switched from vertical to horizontal orientation
- Fixed the probabilistic issue that rear camera reddish in some outdoor backlight scenes
- Fixed the probabilistic issue that rear camera photographic preview interface greenish when camera flash was switched on and off repeatedly
- Fixed the probabilistic issue that green line was shown on photographic preview interface under panorama mode
- Fixed the probabilistic issue that flash icon didn’t match the actual state
- Fixed the issue that night mode didn’t work in some scenes
- Fixed the display issue of number and percent sign in power-off state
- Fixed the probabilistic issue that no service in Iraqi Tishknet SIM card
- Fixed the probabilistic issue that CMCC SIM card failed to data roaming in Cambodia
- Fixed the probabilistic issue that emergency call didn’t show name
How to Install Firmware on Realme 5/5s
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Realme 5/5s device, make sure you follow the below steps properly.
- This firmware is only supported for Realme 5/5s.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
So, make sure to download the April 2020 Security patch for your Realme 5/5s with build number RMX1911EX_11.A.28. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.