When it comes to a free-to-play roller basketball video game, Roller Champions is one of them that has been developed & published by Ubisoft in May 2022 for Windows, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S platforms. Some affected players are reporting that the Roller Champions game is stuck on the loading or initializing screen while launching on the Windows PC. Now, if you’re also facing the same issue then you can follow this guide to fix it.
The chances are high that you may experience multiple issues such as black screen, graphical glitches, lags, stutters, etc. Luckily, there are a couple of possible workarounds mentioned below that should gonna help you out. It seems that an outdated game version, an outdated game client, issues with the installed game files, running the game executable file without admin access, issues with the graphics driver, internet-related issues, and more.
- Fix: Roller Champions Stuck on Loading or Initializing Screen
- 1. Run the game as an administrator
- 2. Disable Discord Overlay
- 3. Update Graphics Drivers
- 4. Update Roller Champions
- 5. Disable Antivirus or Security Software
- 6. Update Windows
- 7. Cross-Check Internet
- 8. Perform a Power Cycle on Wi-Fi Router
- 9. Don’t Use VPN or Proxy Servers
- 10. End the Runtime Broker
- 11. Reinstall Roller Champions
Fix: Roller Champions Stuck on Loading or Initializing Screen
It’s recommended to follow all the troubleshooting methods one by one until the problem gets fixed for you. Sometimes a simple workaround can also do the job easily. Now, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
1. Run the game as an administrator
It’s better to run the game executable file as administrator access on your Windows PC to allow the game files to run properly. Otherwise, the User Account Control (UAC) It’s also recommended to always run the game executable file as administrator access on the Windows PC so the User Account Control (UAC) can allow all the access properly. To do so:
- Right-click on the Roller Champions exe shortcut file on your PC. [Either you can find it on desktop or C:/Program Files (x86) location]
- Now, select Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Make sure to click on the Run this program as an administrator checkbox to checkmark it.
- Click on Apply and select OK to save changes.
- Now, you can just double-click on the game exe file to launch it.
You should also do the same steps for your specific game launchers such as Steam or Epic Games Launcher to give the admin access.
2. Disable Discord Overlay
Sometimes the installed overlay apps can trigger several issues with the game launching. Well, Discord overlay is one of them. You should turn it off before launching the Roller Champions game again. To do so:
- Launch the Discord app > Click on the gear icon at the bottom.
- Click on Overlay under App Settings > Turn on the Enable in-game overlay.
- Click on the Games tab > Select Roller Champions.
- Finally, turn off the Enable in-game overlay toggle.
- Make sure to reboot your PC to apply changes.
3. Update Graphics Drivers
An outdated or missing graphics driver on the Windows PC can eventually cause some issues with the game launching or loading properly. It’s recommended to check for the GPU driver update and install the latest version. To do so:
- Right-click on the Windows logo to open up the Quick Access Menu.
- Click on Device Manager from the list.
- Now, double-click on the Display adapters category to expand the list.
- Then right-click on the dedicated graphics card name that you’re using.
- Select Update driver > Choose Search automatically for drivers.
- If there is an update available, it’ll automatically download and install the latest version.
- Once done, make sure to reboot your computer to change the effects.
If there is no update available then you can manually download the latest version of the graphics driver via the Nvidia site, AMD site, and Intel site for your respective graphics card model. Once downloaded, make sure to install the file on the PC, and reboot the system to apply changes.
4. Update Roller Champions
An outdated game version can have bugs or stability issues which can basically occur several conflicts with the game files running properly. Now, if you haven’t updated your game for a couple of weeks or months then make sure to follow the steps below to check for the latest update and install it.
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library > Click on Roller Champions from the left pane.
- It’ll automatically search for the available update. If there is an update available, make sure to click on Update.
- Wait for some time to install the update > Once done, make sure to close the Steam client.
- Finally, reboot your PC to apply changes and launch the game again.
For Epic Games Launcher:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Head over to Library.
- Now, click on the three dots icon of Roller Champions.
- Make sure the Auto Update option is turned on.
5. Disable Antivirus or Security Software
It’s better to disable or turn off the antivirus software on your Windows PC to cross-check whether the game is still stuck at loading or not. To do that:
- Press Windows + I keys to open the Windows Settings menu.
- Click on Update & Security > Click on Windows Security from the left pane.
- Now, click on the Open Windows Security button.
- Go to Virus & threat protection > Click on Manage settings.
- Next, turn off the Real-time protection toggle. [If prompted by UAC, click on Yes]
If in case, you’re using any other antivirus software then make sure open that application and turn off the real-time protection mode temporarily.
6. Update Windows
The chances are high that you haven’t updated your Windows OS version or build for a while and somehow the system gets corrupted or outdated. So, an outdated or corrupted Windows system can eventually trigger glitches, compatibility issues, app crashes, stuck on the loading screen issues, etc. You should always check for the Windows update and install the latest version. To do so:
- Press Windows + I keys to open up the Windows Settings menu.
- Next, click on Update & Security > Select Check for updates under the Windows Update section.
- If there is a feature update available, select Download and install.
- It may take a while to complete the update.
- Once done, restart your computer to install the update. This method can fix the Roller Champions Stuck on the Loading Screen or Initializing Screen issue on your PC.
7. Cross-Check Internet
Sometimes issues with the internet connection can bring a couple of conflicts to the game server connectivity. You should keep checking whether the internet network is working fine or not. A poor or unstable internet connection can eventually trigger multiple issues with the game launching or loading whatsoever. Make sure to switch from a wired (ethernet) connection to a wireless (Wi-Fi) or vice versa to ensure there is no issue with the network.
If there is a low internet speed or limited bandwidth plan then make sure to contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider) to increase the bandwidth by upgrading to the higher package.
8. Perform a Power Cycle on Wi-Fi Router
It’s also possible that there is an issue with the Wi-Fi router which is eventually conflicting with the game loading. Make sure to perform a power cycle on your Wi-Fi router to refresh the networking glitch (if any). To do so: switch off the router and unplug the power adapter from the power source > Wait for around 30 seconds and then you can plug back the power cable into the router > Power on the router and connect to Wi-Fi again to check for the issue.
9. Don’t Use VPN or Proxy Servers
Try not to use VPN (Virtual Private Network) or proxy servers on your Windows PC while launching and playing the Roller Champions game to ensure if there is a connectivity issue happening or not. Though VPN services do offer access to geo-restricted games, it can increase latency which seems laggy during the gameplay.
10. End the Runtime Broker
You should try closing the runtime broker process on your Windows system and then check for the issue again. Some affected players did find this trick useful. To do that:
- Launch Roller Champions > Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open Task Manager.
- Now, select Runtime Broker > Click on End Task.
However, you can try uninstalling the apps that use Runtime Broker to fix the issue by following the steps below:
- Press the Windows key to open the Start menu > Search for Windows Powershell.
- Right-click on it and select Run as administrator (If prompted by UAC, click on Yes).
- Copy-paste the following command line and hit Enter to delete the Windows Photos application because it uses Runtime Broker.
Get-AppxPackage *photos* | Remove-AppxPackage
- Finally, close the PowerShell window, and restart your computer to apply the changes.
11. Reinstall Roller Champions
If none of the methods worked for you, you should uninstall and reinstall the Roller Champions game on the Windows computer to check for the issue. As a last resort, there is nothing else you can do. Make sure to take a backup of the game data if you don’t want to lose it.
- Click on the Windows logo to open the Start menu > Search for Control Panel and open it.
- Click on Uninstall a program > Click on Roller Champions and select Uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation process.
- Once done, restart the computer to apply changes > Download and Install Roller Champions from the respective Steam or Epic Games Launcher.
- You should be able to remove the Roller Champions Stuck on the Loading Screen or Initializing Screen issue completely.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.