The famous Algerian smartphone vendor Condor unveiled its new smartphone in July 2019 i.e. the Condor Allure X. It comes with a pop-up selfie camera, Helio P70 SoC, 3520 mAh battery, 6.39-inch screen, dual rear camera setup and so on.
If you’re using the Condor Allure X device and want to enable root access via Magisk then this guide is for you. In this guide, we have shared with you the steps to root Condor Allure X using Magisk without TWRP in a very simple way for your ease.
Every Android user wants to get the most out of it when it comes to the customizations and tweaking your device. Rooting is one of them and offers superuser or administrator access to the user in order to modify the system files and apps easily. After enabling root access, users can edit or delete system root directory files, overclock device performance, use rooted apps, install custom modules, etc. There are unlimited possibilities that you can perform on your rooted Condor Allure X easily.
In order to root your Condor Allure X, we will use the Magisk to patch stock boot image and flash that to your device boot partition. Now, if you ask why Magisk? It’s a system-less root process that doesn’t tamper the system partitions while enabling root access. Magisk can also hide online security measures to work apps properly like any banking app, SafetyNet, etc.
Table of Contents
- 1 Condor Allure X Specifications:
- 2 What is Root?
- 3 Steps To Root Condor Allure X Using Magisk
- 4 1. How to Extract and Patch Boot.image using Magisk?
- 5 2. Steps To Install the Patched Boot Image on Condor Allure X
Condor Allure X Specifications:
The Condor Allure X is equipped with a 6.39 inches AMOLED display with a Full HD+ resolution. This helps the device to come with a resolution of 2340 x 1080 pixels. The display is fitted with an aspect ratio of 19.5:9, a pixel density of 386 Pixel Per Inch ( PPI ) and with a screen to body ratio of 92 percent.
Coming to the internals, the Condor Allure X is powered by MediaTek’s P70 SoC that is built on the 12nm process. To the GPU side, the P70 is coupled by Mali G72 MP3 GPU. Talking about the memory options, the device comes only in a single variant. This variant sports 6GB of RAM, and 128GB of internal storage. Further, this is also expandable via the micro SD card up to 256GB.
Talking about the optics, the Condor Allure X sports a dual rear camera setup arranged in a vertical manner. This camera setup includes a primary 16MP sensor that is paired with a 5MP secondary sensor. To the front, the device sports an 8MP sensor. This front camera is arranged in a motorized setup, and this is the highlight of the smartphone. By moving to a pop-up setup, the device can offer a good screen to body ratio that means that the user is getting more screen on the panel.
The Condor Allure X comes with a 3,520 mAh battery, and charges over the USB type C port. It supports fast charging i.e. it comes with Mediatek Pump Express 2.0, and also for wireless charging. Talking about the biometric options available, it comes with an in-display fingerprint scanner, and also for face unlock.
Connectivity options include Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot, Bluetooth 4.2, USB Type C 1.0, GPS with A-GPS, and FM Radio. The brand has still retained a 3.5mm headphone jack and comes with active noise cancellation with dedicated mic. The smartphone also features all the usual sensors like the accelerometer, gravity, gyro, light, proximity, and magnetic.
What is Root?
Smartphone Rooting is the unofficial way to enable an administrator or superuser access to your device system and subsystem. Therefore, the user can easily tweak, change, edit, or delete system files and apps easily.
The Condortage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Condor Allure X, even the files which present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your Condor Allure X by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking Condor Allure X.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Condor Allure X.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game-related applications. Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
- By Rooting Condor Allure X, you can View, Edit or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install the Xposed Framework and many Xposed module support.
Steps To Root Condor Allure X Using Magisk
Follow the full depth guide along with requirements and download links below.
Keep in mind:
- Rooting may void the manufacturer’s warranty on your device.
- Rooting will block the firmware OTA updates.
Now, let’s head over to some of the necessary steps which you need to abide by:
- Your phone should have battery juice more than 60% at least.
- To root your device, you must unlock the bootloader.
- Keep a backup of your device data at first. Therefore, if anything goes wrong, you can get back the important data.
- The image file in this article is supported by the Condor Allure X model only. DO NOT try to flash it on other models.
- You will also require a PC/Laptop and a USB cable in order to connect your device with the computer.
- You should download all the necessary files, tools, and drivers from below accordingly.
1. How to Extract and Patch Boot.image using Magisk?
- First of all, download and extract the ROM to your PC.
- You need to extract the boot image using the MTK Droid Tool
- Attach your device via USB cable and copy only the boot.img file from the extracted folder to your device storage
- Launch Magisk Manager. When a popup appears asking to install Magisk, select INSTALL and choose install again.
- Tap on “Patch Boot Image File”.
- Navigate to internal storage and select your phone’s boot image that you transferred earlier.
- Wait for a couple of seconds. Magisk will start patching the boot image.
- Once the boot image has been patched, copy the “patched_boot.img” from the internal storage and replace it in the same extracted ROM folder on your PC.
Now you can follow the second step to flash the patched boot image file.
2. Steps To Install the Patched Boot Image on Condor Allure X
Follow the proper guide to install Patched Boot Image on Condor Allure X from below link:
In some cases, if the above method doesn’t work on your Condor Allure X, then try via ADB fastboot method.
- Now, extract the ADB & Fastboot tool, then move the patched boot image file to the same folder.
- Press and hold down the Shift key + right-mouse-click to open the command window/PowerShell.
- Next, enter the following command in order to flash the “patched_boot.img” to install Magisk and root your Android device:
fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
- For devices with A/B partition system, you have to use the following commands:
fastboot flash boot_a patched_boot.img fastboot flash boot_b patched_boot.img
Please replace [patched_boot.img] with the name of the boot image file you downloaded followed by the .img extension.
- Wait for the flashing process to complete.
- Finally, type in the command to reboot your device.
- That’s it.
Steps to Verify the Systemless Root
- Launch the Magisk Manager app on your device.
- Now, in order to verify the systemless root access on your phone, you will see the status screen. Here all options should be green ticked if properly rooted. If yes, that means you’ve successfully bypassed the Google SafetyNet measure as well.
That’s it, guys. We hope that you’ve found this guide useful and have successfully rooted your Condor Allure X device. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.