Due to the unlimited customizability of Android, most of the advanced users or Android geeks or developers want to enable root access on their Android devices. By rooting your Android device, you can easily get superuser access on your device(s) system files and system apps. Then you can hugely change or edit or customize your device theme, status bar, lock screen, animations, icons, fonts, and more which is cannot possible without rooting. If you’re using the Cubot X20 Pro device and want to install root, then you can follow this guide. Here we have shared the Easy Method To Root Cubot X20 Pro Using Magisk [No TWRP needed].
By enabling the root access on your Cubot X20 Pro device, you can remove the system apps (bloatware), improve the battery life, overclock device performance, use rooted apps, etc. Additionally, you can change or edit system root directory files, hibernate background running apps, install custom modules, and more. Here in this guide, we will show you how you can root your MediaTek chipset powered Android smartphone via Magisk without affecting the system components. We have also shared the requirements, download links, and complete rooting steps as well.
Cubot X20 Pro Specification: Overview
Cubot X20 Pro was announced in August 2019 which sports a 6.3-inch IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 2340 x 1080 pixels with 409 PPI pixel density. The device is protected by a 2.5D curved glass screen.
Cubot X20 Pro is powered by a MediaTek Helio P60 (MT6771) chipset coupled with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. It also supports an external memory card. The device came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie and backed by a 4000 mAh battery (Non-removable).
As far as the camera concerned, the device has a Triple-camera setup with 12MP + 20MP + 8MP primary sensors. Other connectivity option includes 4G-VoLTE, GPS, Glonass, Bluetooth, Mobile Hotspot, accelerometer, ambient light sensor, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and compass/ magnetometer. etc. The Cubot X20 Pro comes with a rear fingerprint sensor feature.
Now, let’s take a look at the rooting advantages and then rooting steps along with requirements, downloads below.
Advantages of Rooting
- You will get access to the device root directory.
- Increase the device performance by overclocking it.
- Increase battery life by the underclocking device.
- Uninstall Bloatware on the Cubot X20 Pro device.
- Block Ads on any application.
- You can View, Edit, or Delete any system files inside the root directory.
- Support to install the Xposed Framework and Xposed module.
- You won’t be able to get official OTA updates automatically after installing Root.
- Additionally, your device may get bricked easily due to improper rooting steps.
- Your device warranty may void as well after rooting. Before doing anything, check with your device manufacturer for the warranty terms and conditions.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device before doing anything.
Steps to Root Cubot X20 Pro using Magisk
Now, let’s take a look at the rooting steps along with requirements and download links. Check out the full requirements and download all the necessary files at first.
- Keep charged your device battery up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- Take a full backup without the Root of your device data before doing anything. If in case, anything goes wrong, you can get back your data.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable are required in order to connect your device with a PC.
- Download and Install all the required files, tools, and drivers from the below links.
- You have to download and install the ADB and Fastboot tool for Windows/MAC.
- USB Drivers: Download Cubot USB Drivers on your PC and install it.
- Stock ROM: Download Cubot X20 Pro Stock Firmware.
- You will have download & install the SP Flash tool on your PC. (Required for a MediaTek device)
- You will also require Download VCOM Drivers and install it | MTK USB Driver
Steps to Extract and Patch Boot.image via Magisk
- Let’s assume that you’ve already downloaded the Stock ROM. Now, just extract it on your PC.
- Connect your Cubot X20 Pro device via a USB cable to the PC and copy the boot.img file only from the extracted folder to your device storage.
- Open the Magisk Manager on your device. Select the Install option to choose the file.
- Now, tap on ‘Patch Boot Image File’.
- Head over to the folder where you have moved the image file earlier.
- Now, wait for a couple of seconds and Magisk will start patching the boot image.
- After the boot image is patched, copy the ‘patched_boot.img’ from the internal storage and replace it in the same extracted ROM folder on your PC.
Finally, you need to follow the second method to flash the patched boot image file on your Cubot X20 Pro smartphone.
Steps to Install the Patched Boot Image on any Cubot X20 Pro
- We assume that you have already downloaded the ADB & Fastboot tool from the link given above.
- Now, extract the ADB fastboot tool, then move the patched boot image to the same folder.
- Hold the Shift key and right-click on the mouse to open the command window/PowerShell.
- Next, enter the following command:
- Flash the “patched_boot.img” to install Magisk and root your Android device:
fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
- For devices with A/B partition system, use the following commands:
fastboot flash boot_a patched_boot.img fastboot flash boot_b patched_boot.img
- Please replace [patched_boot.img] with the name of the boot image file you downloaded followed by the .img extension.
- The flashing process will begin. Once done, run
Steps to Verify Device Systemless Root:
- Download the Magisk Manager app APK file and install it on your device.
- Open the app and check the Status mode.
- If you see all options are green checked, that means you have successfully rooted. It also means that you’ve bypassed the SafetyNet as well.
- That’s it. Enjoy!
We assume that this guide is helpful to you and you’ve successfully rooted your Cubot X20 Pro device via Magisk. If you’re facing any issues or have any queries, do let us know in the comments below.